FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: UPDATE to Sonoma??
artie505 #65158 11/24/23 01:28 AM
OP Offline

Right. I just watched the video and it said we could talk. I can give you control of my screen or just let you look and tell me what to do. Today is busy, but we can make plans via our email addy's for another day. You keep crazy hours you said and we are 3 hours apart, but it shouldn't be too difficult to do. I made sure my iCloud was on for screen share. This will save a lot of blind talking when I get confused or you do. LOL!

By the way, with this procedure, we can apparently hear each other talking! [/quote]

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

plantsower #65159 11/24/23 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by plantsower
You keep crazy hours you said and we are 3 hours apart, but it shouldn't be too difficult to do.
Considering that we've been posting back and forth with virtually no time lag for the past 2-3 days, I can't envision a problem.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #65160 11/24/23 01:51 AM
OP Offline

That's what I was thinking.

Originally Posted by artie505
Originally Posted by plantsower
You keep crazy hours you said and we are 3 hours apart, but it shouldn't be too difficult to do.
Considering that we've been posting back and forth with virtually no time lag for the past 2-3 days, I can't envision a problem.

Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

artie505 #65172 11/24/23 04:49 PM

I found this vid, which is from May '22 and presumably still current.

It involves routing Messages through iCloud and appears to be our answer.

The Screen Sharing app in MacOS should be exactly what we are looking for and even offers the option, with permission, to control the other person's Mac remotely. It appears to be what Mac Tech Support uses. Other than that, Screen Sharing appears to be the functionality that was in FaceTime, but in a stand alone application. Just follow these "HelloTech" instructions. NOTE: I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #65175 11/24/23 06:13 PM
OP Offline

Thanks so much, Joe. It will get tested.

Originally Posted by joemikeb

The Screen Sharing app in MacOS should be exactly what we are looking for and even offers the option, with permission, to control the other person's Mac remotely. It appears to be what Mac Tech Support uses. Other than that, Screen Sharing appears to be the functionality that was in FaceTime, but in a stand alone application. Just follow these "HelloTech" instructions. NOTE: I haven't had the opportunity to test it yet.

Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8

joemikeb #65177 11/24/23 06:19 PM

Using the app appears to be similar, maybe even a bit easier, than going through Messages as outlined in my link except that Rita will have to initiate it rather than me, so I think we'll stick with the Messages procedure.

Rita just messaged me that she doesn't like the app, so the Messages route it is.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
joemikeb #65191 11/26/23 02:21 AM

The Screen Sharing app in MacOS should be exactly what we are looking for and even offers the option, with permission, to control the other person's Mac remotely. It appears to be what Mac Tech Support uses.
I just finished a long session with Rita that I initiated via Messages. It was a snap to set up, and I could control her screen and converse with her while working.

An interesting aspect of our exchange was that using Shottr put the same data in both my and her clipboards? crazy

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alternaut, dianne, MacManiac 

Link Copied to Clipboard