Next Thread
Print Thread
Trumpty-Dumpty
#64367 08/05/23 10:04 PM
grelber Offline OP
OP Offline

Check out the spot-on guest essay by Michael Wolff in The New York Times:

Down the Rabbit Hole Into Donald Trump’s Brain

Michael Wolff is the author of 3 books about Donald Trump: “Fire and Fury,” “Siege” and “Landslide: The Final Days of the Trump White House.”

Re: Trumpty-Dumpty
grelber #64368 08/06/23 11:28 AM

Well, not gonna create an account, even as a guest, but I can't imagine what the author might say about something that does not exist. wink

Scarecrow for President!

Gregg #64370 08/06/23 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gregg
I can't imagine what the author might say about something that does not exist. wink
Hahaha....good one!

I would argue that it's not only ex President Bonespur who is lacking gray matter but also his followers. I watched a streeter where the reporter listened to a Bonespur follower quack about "all the evidence" to show that the election was stolen. The reporter asked if the follower could name one item of evidence. The question was asked four times and four times the follower simply replied "There's lots of evidence." It's really scary to think that these idiots are actually allowed to vote.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
ryck #64372 08/06/23 06:12 PM

Winston Churchill said it all: "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." (Or words to that effect.) It has also been said that a large number of American voters believe that the moon landing was fake and that professional wrestling is real.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
Gregg #64373 08/06/23 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Gregg
Scarecrow for President!
That doesn't give the scarecrow the credit he deserves, because unlike Trump, he was smart enough to know he didn't have a brain.

But going full "Wizard" throttle, Trump's got neither brain, heart, nor courage (Even Hitler did his time behind bars.), he raped Dorothy and left her bleeding behind a bush in Act 1, Scene1, and his wizard is Rudy Giuliani.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
ryck #64375 08/06/23 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by ryck
I watched a streeter where the reporter listened to a Bonespur follower quack about "all the evidence" to show that the election was stolen. The reporter asked if the follower could name one item of evidence. The question was asked four times and four times the follower simply replied "There's lots of evidence." It's really scary to think that these idiots are actually allowed to vote.

I recently asked that question of a friend (who has a certified IQ of 160) and his response was, Everyone knows. When I pressed him further, he eventually admitted that he knows because it was reported on Fox News. Later in the conversation, he insisted that … all news lies, even Fox news, so he only believes what he hears on local AM talk radio, "because they are local".

His reality is scary enough but coming from this very intelligent and well educated man, it is almost terrifying.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #64378 08/07/23 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by joemikeb
...he only believes what he hears on local AM talk radio, "because they are local".
Did you then ask him from which of the networks his local AM talk radio sources the info it presents as national news?

Aside: How do you know that he's got "a certified IQ of 160?"

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
joemikeb #64381 08/07/23 10:39 AM
grelber Offline OP
OP Offline

RE "a friend (who has a certified IQ of 160)":

He's certifiable all right ... but not because of his professed IQ (which is clearly more than a tad off the mark). Sheesh.

This would seem to be an appropriate spot to advocate for
If Nietzsche Were a Narwhal : What Animal Intelligence Reveals about Human Stupidity by Justin Gregg (2022)
whose arguments can be succinctly summed up with: "Human intelligence is more of a curse than a blessing."

grelber #64382 08/07/23 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by grelber
"Human intelligence is more of a curse than a blessing."
Or is it more of an oxymoron?

artie505 #64384 08/07/23 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by artie505
...he only believes what he hears on local AM talk radio, "because they are local".
Did you then ask him from which of the networks his local AM talk radio sources the info it presents as national news?

No, but I do know that most of their "talking heads" have a distinctly British sounding accent — certainly not a North Texas accent.

I have seen the official record of the score, which included the comment the highest score possible on that particular test is 150. (I just realized I previously wrote 160, which was a typographic error on my part. blush )

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #64386 08/07/23 04:01 PM

No, but I do know that most of their "talking heads" have a distinctly British sounding accent — certainly not a North Texas accent.
Local short wave radio, I guess.

I have seen the official record of the score, which included the comment the highest score possible on that particular test is 150. (I just realized I previously wrote 160, which was a typographic error on my part. blush )

I'm far from an expert, but I've never heard of an IQ test with a top score limit.

I don't trust anyone who publicizes their IQ, people wearing yellow T-shirts (Mensa), for instance.

joemikeb #64387 08/07/23 04:01 PM
grelber Offline OP
OP Offline

Pretty sure that the IQ certifier obtained his "credentials" from a third-world internet organization.

Keep in mind too that to certify also means to officially declare insane.

artie505 #64391 08/07/23 11:27 PM

I'm far from an expert, but I've never heard of an IQ test with a top score limit.

I don't trust anyone who publicizes their IQ, people wearing yellow T-shirts (Mensa), for instance.

The test that was administered was only valid for an IQ of up to 150. There are other IQ tests that go higher, but can take multiple days to administer.

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #64392 08/07/23 11:55 PM

The test that was administered was only valid for an IQ of up to 150. There are other IQ tests that go higher, but can take multiple days to administer.
I can't imagine why such a test exists, nor can I imagine anyone wanting to engage with it other than out of fear of what a more encompassing test might reveal.

Can you name the test?

artie505 #64395 08/08/23 03:34 PM

I can't imagine why such a test exists, nor can I imagine anyone wanting to engage with it other than out of fear of what a more encompassing test might reveal.

Can you name the test?

I cannot name the test, it was administered by a certified Psychologist several years ago. Through 63 years of marriage to a Jungian Analyst I have learned a bit about IQ and IQ testing. Enough to know all IQ tests are only valid to a certain level. All tests are subject to a variety of factors, including the subject's social and cultural background, native language, gender, and age. No infinite IQ test exists and if it did, it would have to be written by God.

— Albert Einstein
joemikeb #64396 08/08/23 04:01 PM

I was wondering whether the test your friend took was "certified" (I can't think of the word I'm looking for.), unlike the one Omni Magazine published many years ago which was designed to test IQs of 164 and beyond (It was written by a guy who was eminently pleased with himself.) but was found to be faulty several years later. (The same guy wrote a second test which was DOA.) <https://www.eoht.info/page/Kevin%20Langdon>

I know there are tests that purport to test up in the 200 range, but I don't know how they fare within the professional community.

artie505 #64405 08/09/23 12:51 PM

I know there are tests that purport to test up in the 200 range, but ….

Wouldn't the person designing such a test have to be at 201 or higher?

Gregg #64406 08/09/23 01:25 PM

I doubt that Trump knows how to spell IQ.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365
jchuzi #64407 08/09/23 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by jchuzi
I doubt that Trump knows how to spell IQ.
Or the phone number for 911.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
joemikeb #64416 08/14/23 04:33 PM

His reality is scary enough but coming from this very intelligent and well educated man, it is almost terrifying.

I've spent a LOT of time in Texas....I completely understand your concern.

Freedom is never free....thank a Service member today.

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard