FineTunedMac Dashboard widget now available! Download Here

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Egregious Lounge Behavior
#54126 04/17/20 04:17 PM
grelber Offline OP
OP Offline

It's been a while since I pulled the plug on contribution to FTM [post #53954], but I thought I'd take a look at what's transpired since. And lo and behold ...

Despite his often useful assistance in the technologically oriented forums, artie505 has finally uncloaked his Lounge behavior as purposely provocative and resembling that of a "teenage mutant ninja internet troll":
"... I also suggest that you steer clear after I've posted a setup post, as in the cases of Judith and grelber" [post #54107].

It would seem to me that such behavior deserves censure by the moderators and/or administrators as counter to the aims of the Forums.

Re: Egregious Lounge Behavior
grelber #54130 04/17/20 06:10 PM

My response to Judith that I suspect may have induced her to leave wasn't a deliberate attempt to get her to leave; it was a fair and reasonable response to her post.

And my post that elicited MacManiac's response was an attempt to see who agreed with my opinion that your Lounge behavior has been egregious, and that was fair behavior, NOT provocative, because it wouldn't be unfair to say that you've been trolling us Americans by incessantly posting links that we don't care to post ourselves.

You've jumped on a term I used, for lack of a better one, with hindsight, NOT with malice aforethought.

Get over yourself, quit sulking, and rejoin the fray. wink

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire
artie505 #54135 04/17/20 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: artie505
....rejoin the fray.

Yes, otherwise where will I post veterinary questions? A selfish motivation, I agree, but one with which Abby Roade will heartily agree.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Ventura 13.6.3
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C
artie505 #54136 04/17/20 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: artie505
it wouldn't be unfair to say that you've been trolling us Americans by incessantly posting links that we don't care to post ourselves.

What is it with you and this "us Americans" bull?! FineTunedMac describes itself as "An open community of Macintosh users, for Macintosh users." Open means open to everyone. There's no home team here. And speaking as an American, if there were...I would vociferously decline to have my interests represented by you.

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors
grelber #54148 04/18/20 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: grelber
It would seem to me that such behavior deserves censure by the moderators and/or administrators as counter to the aims of the Forums.

Very well, I find your use of terms such as " resembling that of a "teenage mutant ninja internet troll" equally worthy of censure. Expressing your opinion is perfectly acceptable, assuming you are moderate in your choice of language, but any characterization of another person or their opinion is NOT.

NOTE: Use the Notify button when you see a post you believe is out of line.

Last edited by joemikeb; 04/18/20 05:29 PM. Reason: Add Note

If we knew what it was we were doing, it wouldn't be called research, would it?

— Albert Einstein

Moderated by  alternaut, cyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard