Home
Posted By: artie505 Screen color oddity - 10/27/16 08:48 AM
Mods, I think this is hardware, not Excel, related, but please move it if appropriate.

Can somebody please explain this oddity ?

I've always thought that color was on a pixel by pixel basis, so why does the black text shade its entire cell?

This is reproducible.

Thanks.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Screen color oddity - 10/27/16 01:34 PM
I would need to see the HTML source code, but I suspect it is intentional on the part of the site developer, or it may be a glitch in the rendering engine.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Screen color oddity - 10/27/16 02:25 PM
It's an Excel spreadsheet, not a website.

Edit: I just overpainted the cells that displayed the oddity, and their color was corrected. confused

Hmmm... And it's no longer reproducible!

I guess it was an Excel glitch that got fixed up somewhere along the way.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Screen color oddity - 10/27/16 04:01 PM
Originally Posted By: artie505
It's an Excel spreadsheet, not a website.

:dopeslap: (there really needs to be a dopeslap emoji) I flat overlooked you had said it was an Excel spreadsheet. blush As far as I am concerned that would have been explanation enough. I have seen some of Microsoft's code and coding practices and neither was pretty.
Posted By: grelber Re: Screen color oddity - 10/27/16 05:25 PM
Originally Posted By: joemikeb
:dopeslap: (there really needs to be a dopeslap emoji) I flat overlooked you had said it was an Excel spreadsheet.

Well ...? It's in your ballpark. Do it! (Create it and give it to the world.) We's a-waitin'.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Screen color oddity - 10/27/16 10:30 PM
Actually emojis are defined in an international standard and new ones have to be approved by a committee. Creating a dopeslap Emoji image would be no problem, proving to the committee it is a needed addition, and getting them to accept my rendition would be a HUGE undertaking that can take years, and of course then you would have to get the character into the character sets.
Posted By: grelber Re: Screen color oddity - 10/28/16 02:27 PM
Actually emojis are defined in an international standard and new ones have to be approved by a committee. Creating a dopeslap Emoji image would be no problem, proving to the committee it is a needed addition, and getting them to accept my rendition would be a HUGE undertaking that can take years, and of course then you would have to get the character into the character sets.

Hard to understand, especially when a <fresh pile of crap> emoji made the cut. confused
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Screen color oddity - 10/28/16 09:05 PM
Originally Posted By: grelber
Hard to understand, especially when a <fresh pile of crap> emoji made the cut. confused

Hopefully to end this off topic conversation, remember the old conundrum, "One man's trash is a committee's treasure" or words to that effect. 🙄
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Screen color oddity - 11/08/16 03:12 PM
Guess what I found among the new emoji in iOS 10.2 beta on my iPad and MacOS 10.1.2 beta? Not just a "dopeslap" but a male dopeslap (🤦🏻‍♂️) and a female dopeslap (🤦‍♀️) And each is available in a choice of six skin tones. The emoji selector is much larger on my iPad Pro so the emoji are much easier to differentiate.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Screen color oddity - 11/08/16 03:13 PM
Guess what I found among the new emoji in iOS 10.2 beta on my iPad and MacOS 10.1.2 beta? Not just a "dopeslap" but a male dopeslap (🤦🏻‍♂️) and a female dopeslap (🤦‍♀️) And each is available in a choice of six skin tones. The emoji selector is much larger on my iPad Pro so the emoji are much easier to differentiate.

Sumthin's wrong somewhere!
© FineTunedMac