Home
Posted By: Matt98svt Recovering data from Mac ssd with pc - 12/12/15 05:23 PM
My daughter has a 2010 Mac air that was damaged. I ordered a harness to connect the ssd to my pc and downloaded mac drive program. I can access the drive but she says there are files she doesn't see on there she needs. What data recovery software can I run in this arrangement to recover the files? I have recova which is for a windows based hd data recovery so it would not recognize the Mac ssd...anyone know of a way I can run data recovery and which one, through mac drive?
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Recovering data from Mac ssd with pc - 12/12/15 05:57 PM
Data Rescue is a very good choice.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Recovering data from Mac ssd with pc - 12/12/15 07:06 PM
If your PC is running Windows, it cannot read the Mac OS Extended format on a Mac SSD or HD without the aid of third party software. On the other hand the Mac can read the NTFS drive format in Windows, but cannot write to it. The problem lies not in the technologies rather in Microsoft's unwillingness to cross license the two formats with Apple.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Recovering data from Mac ssd with pc - 12/12/15 07:35 PM
Back to your question, it sounds like you need to get access to another Mac to save your daughter's files.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Recovering data from Mac ssd with pc - 12/13/15 09:48 PM
There are several Windows applications that will enable a PC to read Mac OS Extended files. Since I do not have a Windows computer, I have no experience with any of them but HFSExplorer is free and would probably be worth a try.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Recovering data from Mac ssd with pc - 12/13/15 10:25 PM
Good to know; thanks. smile
© FineTunedMac