Home
Posted By: Jay-bird purchase of memory - 07/20/11 04:54 PM
I need to get 2gb memory . was wondering if crucial is any good?
Posted By: alternaut Re: purchase of memory - 07/20/11 05:30 PM
Yes. FWIW, I have been a satisfied customer for many years. Note that even reputable stores occasionally sell duds; the question is how they handle them. In my experience, Crucial does that as well as one would like.
Posted By: jchuzi Re: purchase of memory - 07/20/11 05:31 PM
Crucial has an excellent reputation. You should also look at Other World Computing and 18004memory.
Posted By: Jay-bird Re: purchase of memory - 07/20/11 05:35 PM
Thank you sir I appreciate it
Posted By: Jay-bird Re: purchase of memory - 07/20/11 05:37 PM
Thank you too sir,I will look into your sites
Posted By: joemikeb Re: purchase of memory - 07/20/11 05:53 PM
I have had very good results with Other World Computing
Posted By: Jay-bird Re: purchase of memory - 07/20/11 06:23 PM
Thank you but I just ordered from crucial. I have bookmarked OTC&Jons 18004 for future use. If needed
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: purchase of memory - 07/20/11 09:11 PM
I get mine from 18004memory.com. (guess what their phone number is...)

I don't know where our store gets their memory, but they're a bit of a con. I tried to get memory for my mac pro (4gb) and my "at 5% markup from wholesale" was significantly more expensive than 1800's was. I actually called them up and asked what the deal was, and he says but our memory's guaranteed. Ya, isn't it all nowadays? I wouldn't buy memory that didn't come with a lifetime warranty from anyone. They know though, if it fails a year from now, it'll cost them a tenth of what it originally was to replace, the shipping will be the big expense if they have to replace it. And by then you'll probably just want to replace it with bigger memory anyway. So quality and warranty have very little to do with memory nowadays.
© FineTunedMac