Home
Posted By: randyspotswood Preview acting very weird - 01/29/10 12:48 AM
hello all,

I am a graphic designer, so color is very important to me. I have a pretty full portfolio and I like to look at some of my images with preview. when I hit space bar on my images, the colors get washed out and lose most of their luster. This has happened forever so i thought it was normal. Until I was on a friends mac and i did it to one of my pictures. I was amazed when I say the preview look exactly like my picture.

Anybody know what settings I need to change to get preview to display my images correctly?
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Preview acting very weird - 01/29/10 12:57 AM
Just to be sure that we're talking about the same thing, are you referring to Preview or QuickLook? When you hit the spacebar, you invoke QL. Preview is Apple's PDF viewer and you would need to actually launch it to see a file.
Posted By: randyspotswood Re: Preview acting very weird - 01/29/10 02:49 AM
oh i apologize, I thought that the spacebar command used preview.
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Preview acting very weird - 01/29/10 03:34 AM
You also may have colorsync differences in your display, where your display is not correctly matching up colors.

There are also differences in the looks of LCD displays versus monitors.
Posted By: randyspotswood Re: Preview acting very weird - 01/29/10 09:22 AM
the picture looks correct when I am viewing it in finder, but when i hit the space bar it loses alot of colors. Everything is happening on 1 monitor. On my friends comp it doesn't do this. Sorry trying to explain the best that I can.
Posted By: tacit Re: Preview acting very weird - 02/05/10 01:24 AM
That definitely sounds like a color profile issue.

Are you saving the pictures with embedded color profiles?
© FineTunedMac