Home
Posted By: kevs What .bak files after sitewide link change - 09/26/18 01:09 AM
I just some sitewide link changes with DW CC, and mirror upload, and I see for first time in my site ever hundred of .bak files what are these?

And the outdate FTP client I have I'm seeing that putting remote file is newer (and I did not touch remote server) or something like that. so bit worried and confused, thanks.
Posted By: Ira L Re: What .bak files after sitewide link change - 09/27/18 01:53 PM
A quick search:
"BAK is a file extension for a file format typically used when creating a backup copy of a file. Normally, a BAK file is created as an automatic backup when an application is editing or making changes to the file in question."
Posted By: kevs Re: What .bak files after sitewide link change - 09/27/18 04:27 PM
Ira, I saw that on Wiki definition. But I've been using this software Interarchy 15 year. I've never seen bak files populate my website folder before. Are these harmless? Do the go away? Lot of clutter. Why all of sudden coming in? Was it the FTP client that made these or the Go Daddy server?
Posted By: Ira L Re: What .bak files after sitewide link change - 09/28/18 02:17 PM
With no basis for saying so, I would attribute it to Go Daddy. crazy
Posted By: kevs Re: What .bak files after sitewide link change - 09/28/18 04:26 PM
thanks Ira, funny, I'll call them.

Few months ago I was noting this line of weird code on all my web pages, and it concerned me and it turns out GoDaddy, without permission inserts this code on every page.

But bak files harmless, go away? Lot of clutter.

You don't think my old FTP software Interarchy (ruined by the new developer) added those? And then why all sudden says, remote files are newer when I have not touched remote files..?
Posted By: Ira L Re: What .bak files after sitewide link change - 09/29/18 08:34 PM
confused
© FineTunedMac