Home
Posted By: joemikeb Apps with High Sierra Issues - 10/06/17 08:19 PM
This is Apple News list of apps with High Sierra compatibility issues via OWC's Rocket Yard.
Posted By: Ira L Re: Apps with High Sierra Issues - 10/07/17 04:23 PM
The language might confuse some. The article has a list—"Summary of Apps with Verified Compatibility Issues as of 9/27/2017"—but what it lists are the versions of apps that do NOT have an issue. In other words, earlier versions than those listed are the problem ones here.
Posted By: MG2009 Re: Apps with High Sierra Issues - 10/27/17 05:10 PM
I interpreted the article as did JOE. The list is for CURRENT versions apps which have compatibility issues . . . at least that has been my experience with the most recent ONYX.

i.e. partway through the processes, a message appears : "Application not responding", so I have to FORCE QUIT.

Anyone else having trouble running the new ONYX for "High Sierra?" If so, is there a "fix" available? Or can anyone recommend an alternative tool which does all the things that ONYX could do if it were working?
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Apps with High Sierra Issues - 10/27/17 08:28 PM
Originally Posted By: MG2009
Anyone else having trouble running the new ONYX for "High Sierra?" If so, is there a "fix" available? Or can anyone recommend an alternative tool which does all the things that ONYX could do if it were working?

It isn't freeware as OnyX is but TinkerTool System 5 is High Sierra compatible and does everything OnyX does and a bit more. If you have the freeware TinkerTool installed TinkerTool System 5 can absorb all the Tinkertool panes as well which enhances its range of features.
Posted By: Ira L Re: Apps with High Sierra Issues - 10/28/17 04:09 PM
Originally Posted By: MG2009
I interpreted the article as did JOE. The list is for CURRENT versions apps which have compatibility issues . . . at least that has been my experience with the most recent ONYX.

Well, to avoid confusing language, try this compatibility source. Contrary to your experiences, they say there is a version of OnyX that is Mac OS 13 compatible. smirk
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Apps with High Sierra Issues - 10/28/17 10:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Ira L
Well, to avoid confusing language, try this compatibility source. Contrary to your experiences, they say there is a version of OnyX that is Mac OS 13 compatible. smirk

Even better check with the developer.
Posted By: MG2009 Re: Apps with High Sierra Issues - 10/29/17 04:26 PM
I downloaded and installed the app DIRECTLY from "Titanium's" website since, I presumed, the chances were best that they would have the cleanest version. It looks as though it all installed properly but, for some reason, when I try to run it, it does not work on my 17" MBPro (early 2011) with "High Sierra" OS.

So . . . I trashed it and will try to re-download and install a fresh DMG of OnyX. Will see if that works (???).

Otherwise, I will look into "TinkerTool."

Thanks, Guys.
Posted By: MG2009 Re: Apps with High Sierra Issues - 10/30/17 11:13 PM
UPDATE

I tried TinkerTool 5. It has most of the maintenance tools I like. However, it is a cumbersome application. ONYX has a nifty AUTOMATION feature which allows the application to run all the customized/pre-selected tools with one click. I cannot locate such a feature in TinkerTool 5.
Posted By: MG2009 Re: Apps with High Sierra Issues - 11/02/17 07:17 PM
UPDATE (again)

I erased my hard drive and did a clean install of SIERRA. Problem solved! grin
© FineTunedMac