Home
Posted By: joemikeb Ulysses vs Scrivener - 12/28/15 02:41 PM
Do any of you have any experience with either Ulysses or Scrivener? I am working on a big document and I have downloaded trials versions of both but before spending half a hundred bucks I would like to hear from someone with longer experience. Right now I love the power of Scrivener but Ulysses has an iOS as well as OS X version and I anticipate much of my work being done on the iPad Pro.
Posted By: Ira L Re: Ulysses vs Scrivener - 12/29/15 04:36 PM
You may have answered your own question since you have said much of your work will be done on the iPad Pro. Only one of the two has an iOS option.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Ulysses vs Scrivener - 12/30/15 01:33 AM
If only Scrivener didn't have so many really powerful creative features. tongue
Posted By: artie505 Re: Ulysses vs Scrivener - 12/30/15 01:49 AM
Apple still makes laptops. grin

I was wondering if there was still a need for them. tongue
Posted By: Ira L Re: Ulysses vs Scrivener - 12/30/15 06:18 PM
Originally Posted By: joemikeb
If only Scrivener didn't have so many really powerful creative features. tongue

This dilemma should be your biggest problem in life! smirk
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Ulysses vs Scrivener - 12/31/15 03:30 PM
Originally Posted By: Ira L
This dilemma should be your biggest problem in life! smirk

Agreed — wholeheartedly. I finally settled on the feature rich Scrivener. It is not ideal for use on iOS devices, but there is a work around and as I have been working on the project it seems to fit my work style better.
Posted By: deniro Re: Ulysses vs Scrivener - 01/03/16 07:11 PM
How do you type on an ipad?
Posted By: ryck Re: Ulysses vs Scrivener - 01/03/16 08:19 PM
Originally Posted By: deniro
How do you type on an ipad?

I use a wireless keyboard tied in with Bluetooth and have the iPad in an upright stand.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Ulysses vs Scrivener - 01/03/16 09:26 PM
I have an iPad Pro that and its accessory keyboard. It is NOT bluetooth rather it magnetically connects to contacts on the iPad and draws its power from the iPad battery, and it uses the same key springs as the MacBook Pro. Eliminating the keyboard battery allows it to be roughly â…› of an inch thicker than the Apple screen cover, weigh a fraction of what bluetooth keyboards weigh, and has a touch comparable to top of the line laptops. The touch is much like Apple's latest wireless keyboards down to the lightly sculpted keycaps.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I receive no remuneration from Apple or any of its dealers for any reason. I am however a very satisfied user.
© FineTunedMac