Home
Posted By: Virtual1 ical likes to eat new events - 11/09/15 03:09 AM
I see this all too often. I open up iCal, double click to make a new entry. Maybe change the calendar it's on. Enter a title, enter a start time, click in aother field (like end time), then click elsewhere in the calendar to save the change. (since there's no SAVE button)

Then I watch the event, named properly, appear for an INSTANT and then disappear, only to be replaced by New Event, on the defaut time.

And I have to open the event and re-enter the name and time.

I've seen this happen over a dozen times, and it's irritating. 10.9.5, icloud syncing calendars, these events are on my My Computer calendars (not any of my imap calendars)

More than once I've missed it pulling that stunt, and missed an event because it just nuked it right after I entered it, and I didn't notice.
Posted By: Ira L Re: ical likes to eat new events - 11/09/15 05:09 PM
A discussion of this known problem has been happening on the MacInTouch site since at least last May. The most common solution, and one that was reported as recommended by Apple, was to upgrade out of 10.9.5.
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: ical likes to eat new events - 11/10/15 02:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Ira L
A discussion of this known problem has been happening on the MacInTouch site since at least last May. The most common solution, and one that was reported as recommended by Apple, was to upgrade out of 10.9.5.

That's curing the disease by killing (and then replacing) the patient tongue
Posted By: Ira L Re: ical likes to eat new events - 11/10/15 05:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Virtual1
Originally Posted By: Ira L

That's curing the disease by killing (and then replacing) the patient tongue

Not quite a fair analogy since if you are at 10.9.5, you yourself have killed a few patients already.

I can accept that there are some personality traits of this patient (i.e., 10.9.5) that you do not want to lose. crazy
© FineTunedMac