Home
Posted By: ryck Snow Leopard and Passwords Plus - 10/14/09 12:32 AM
I use Passwords Plus and have not had any problems with Snow Leopard...until today. Now it won't open. It opens to the 'enter password' window but, when the password is entered, it says "Passwords Plus Quit Unexpectedly". Here's what I tried:

1. Used Disk Utility to check the drive and fix permissions.
2. Restarted and tried again - nothing changed.
3. Used Disk Warrior to rebuild the directory - nothing changed.
4. I updated Passwords from V1.0.0.6 to V1.0.0.7 - nothing changed.
4. Re-installed OS 10.6 - nothing changed.

For those who understand what all the numbers mean, and if it might help, I can provide the information from the Report to Apple dialogue box.

ryck
Posted By: macnerd10 Re: Snow Leopard and Passwords Plus - 10/14/09 01:05 AM
Reinstall of the app (save prefs maybe)?
Posted By: crarko Re: Snow Leopard and Passwords Plus - 10/14/09 01:18 AM
Contact the developer of the app?
Posted By: macnerd10 Re: Snow Leopard and Passwords Plus - 10/14/09 06:58 AM
Just in case, there is another one, ForgotIt? A very old and very simple app; I had it since times forgotten (no pun intended) and it continues through Snow Leopard without any problem. It is really cheap.
http://www.tucows.com/preview/210039
Posted By: artie505 Re: Snow Leopard and Passwords Plus - 10/14/09 07:44 AM
Have you tried moving the app's plist, located in /Users/Your short name/Library/Preferences, to your desktop and restarting your Mac?

Be certain to not trash the plist unless you know precisely what info you'll be losing by doing so.
Posted By: ryck Re: Snow Leopard and Passwords Plus - 10/14/09 01:11 PM
Thanks everyone.......

Re: Reinstall of the app (save prefs maybe)?

I haven't as there isn't a Read Me saying whether or not the installation would remove my existing passwords.

Re: Contact the developer of the app?

I did send a report but it takes a few days to get a reply...wrote here hoping for a quicker resolution.

Re: Just in case, there is another one....

Thanks. Good to keep in mind, just in case.

Re: Have you tried moving the app's plist,

No, because I can't find a file anywhere that has either Dataviz or Passwords in the name. Maybe that's because it's content that you want to have remain secure.

ryck

And yes, I realize I need to learn how to quote from more than one post.
Posted By: Pendragon Re: Snow Leopard and Passwords Plus - 10/14/09 03:19 PM
Any chance the issue is with the keyboard? Is it wireless and have you tried the old timey kind, reconnecting cables & using different ports-that sort of thing?
Posted By: dianne Re: Snow Leopard and Passwords Plus - 10/14/09 09:56 PM
ryck,

This may repeat information you have already found: DataViz –> Support –> Option 3: Quick Search –> Passwords Plus (as the search term).

A document titled "After I type my password into Passwords Plus on Mac OS X, the program disappears/crashes" is available.
Posted By: ryck Re: Snow Leopard and Passwords Plus - 10/14/09 11:12 PM
Thank you.....we have lift-off.

The problem came down to what I couldn't find on my drive - the file PassWordsPlusUserData - which is the first thing the DataViz document suggested moving to a safe place.

When I went into Time Machine and restored the file from there, PassWords opened perfectly. Whew!! I suppose the only mystery is what happened to the file in the first place.

Now, if I could just remember which password I was looking for............hmmmmmm

Thanks everyone.

ryck
© FineTunedMac