Home
Posted By: jchuzi TechTool Pro 5 update question - 09/05/09 10:42 AM
For those, like myself, who are waiting for an SL-compatible version of TechTool Pro, I received an email from Micromat's tech support (in response to an inquiry) that TTP 5 will soon be updated to address that issue. Apparently, Micromat is not sure whether this will be a minor update (likely) or a major one. If you have any more information, it would be appreciated.

I haven't upgraded to SL yet and one of the reasons is that I'm waiting for TTP to be updated.
Posted By: MicroMatTech3 Re: TechTool Pro 5 update question - 09/05/09 11:34 AM
Jon,

I do not have any more information.

Whether the update is minor or major depends on whether any more problems are found as people use TechTool Pro 5.0.5 with Snow Leopard (ac OS X 10.6 (10A432)). So far, these problems have been found:

1. The TechTool Pro Daemon requests authentication - that you type your password - when it should not.

2. The reported volume usage may be zero or one percent when in fact that is not the correct value.

If no more problems are found, or only a few minor problems are found, then the update will be a minor one, and will arrive sooner. The problems found so far do not affect the reduced feature set of TechTool Deluxe.
Posted By: jchuzi Re: TechTool Pro 5 update question - 09/05/09 12:42 PM
Thank you.
Posted By: dianne Re: TechTool Pro 5 update question - 09/05/09 02:00 PM
Jon,

I have detached your TechTool Pro 5 question and its replies from TechTool Deluxe 3.1.3 updater and created a new thread. I hope distinguishing between "Deluxe" and "Pro" topics will be helpful to readers seeking help with TechTool or when using the search function at FTM or Google.
© FineTunedMac