Home
Posted By: JoBoy What's Going On At Adobe? - 05/09/13 11:08 PM
I still use Adobe CS4 including Acrobat, Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and InDesign. I rarely use Flash and Illustrator, but the other three are my bread and butter in my work flow. I've read Adobe ads on their web site and opinions of a few commentators, but it's hard to make sense out of a lot of it. My main concern is whether they will somehow disable CS4 which still fills my needs well. I have a couple of "different" approaches to the Mac. I have turned off iCloud and do not expect to use it in the foreseeable future. I use Ethernet cabling and do not use WiFi between my computers and the Airport Extreme Base Station/router. I sync my iPhone 4S with my computer via iTunes using the iPhone's USB power cable. All of this is to avoid possible security leaks since the work I do is confidential and proprietary.

Will Adobe's new approach destroy this cozy setup in which I currently operate?
Posted By: tacit Re: What's Going On At Adobe? - 05/10/13 01:30 AM
CS4 will not stop working.

Adobe has announced tha Creative Suite is dead; from now on, all new versions of Adobe products will be cloud-based, and you rent the software by the month rather than buy it. But existing Creative Suite applications will continue to work as they do now.
Posted By: JoBoy Re: What's Going On At Adobe? - 05/10/13 02:46 AM
Thank you, Tacit for the quick and clear explanation.
Posted By: dkmarsh Re: What's Going On At Adobe? - 05/10/13 09:51 AM

A branch of replies in this thread was moved to The Lounge.
Posted By: artie505 Re: What's Going On At Adobe? - 07/05/13 09:01 AM
Creative...aaand sweet!

Software as a Monthly Rental
© FineTunedMac