Home
Posted By: ryck Drive Genius - 11/28/11 05:52 PM
OWC has Drive Genius 3 on special today for 30 bucks (versus 100) which is a pretty good deal....if the product is needed. As one who doesn't spend just because something is cheap, I would appreciate knowing if this is a product that would be useful to me (I have Disk Warrior).

Just wondering....thanks.
Posted By: alternaut Re: Drive Genius - 11/28/11 06:36 PM
Whether or not you would need Drive Genius depends on what you already have in the way of disk utilities beyond DiskWarrior. If you've got TechTool Pro, Drive Genius is less likely to be needed, even though it has some functionality not available in either DW and TTP. Without TTP DG might be considered if the price is right.
FWIW, I own copies of all three utilities, and DG is the only utility I never actually needed. I fired it up a few times, but the other two covered my needs well enough.
Posted By: ryck Re: Drive Genius - 11/29/11 06:16 PM
Thanks. I've gone with TechTool.

As it turns out I was eligible for the lower cost of an upgrade to V6 due to the fact that I was once a registered owner. That was a few years back and I recall that I stopped using it because I found the interface wasn't as intuitive as I preferred.

However, that is certainly not the case anymore.

I've done a few things already and found the interface to be very easy to use and - this is good - the manual is very well written.
© FineTunedMac