Home
Posted By: Pendragon Lion, Font Book & Office 2011 - 07/23/11 12:46 AM
1. Prior to installing Office 2011, I ran Font Book. No conflicts were noted. All fonts were validated.
2. I then installed Office 2011 and all Office updaters.
3. I then checked Font Book again and discovered about 12-15 “cautions”. So I clicked on the (Auto) Resolve button.
4. Then I started having a myriad of keyboard issues. Clearly, I damaged several fonts when I tried to resolve the cautions noted in Step 3 above.

So I then reverted to a backup volume that did not contain Office 2011 and the fonts it installed, and all is again as it should be.

I would like to reinstall Office 2011 on my Lion volume, but before doing so, I would appreciate your thoughts re what I should do this time to avoid my earlier issues.
Posted By: macnerd10 Re: Lion, Font Book & Office 2011 - 07/23/11 02:04 AM
Don't check the fonts :))
MSO2011 is supposed to work well with Lion.
Posted By: Pendragon Re: Lion, Font Book & Office 2011 - 07/24/11 11:28 AM
To close/update this thread-

My solution was not a fix per-se, but rather a workaround:

When reinstalling Office 2011, I went the Custom Install route, thus forgoing Messenger, Remote Desktop, Visual Basic, Proofing Tools (except English), MS Document Connection, and Office Fonts.

So far, no keyboard issues and no alerts in Font Book. I remain hopeful that the remaining 231 fonts will suffice. If not, I can custom install
the MSO 2011 fonts later.

FWIW, I have never specifically added fonts, e.g., all are a result from OS & app installs.

For now, all is peace and light in Pendragonland.
Posted By: MicroMatTech3 Re: Lion, Font Book & Office 2011 - 07/24/11 11:58 PM
Thanks for mentioning checking for duplicate fonts. Font Book in Lion, installed just minutes ago, found duplicates of all of my Palatino fonts. I had checked for duplicates yesterday, and there were none. The older ones were version 3 and the newer ones version 7.
© FineTunedMac