Home
Posted By: Douglas Adobe Reader 10 - 12/05/10 08:10 PM
I need to use Adobe Reader plug-in to view the claims for my health insurance. When I open Reader Preferences/Internet the 'web brower' box is checked but grayed out. If I got to About Adobe Plug-on/Internet it says the plugin is not loaded. The plug-in is in my Internet Plug-Ins folder and Safari shows the Adobe Reader plug-in as installed.

For some reason I still cannot view my health insurance claims. I get an error message that says I need to install Adobe Reader. I'm guessing it has something to do with the Reader application saying the plug-in is not loaded, and possibly because the 'Web Browser' box is grayed out, but I don't know
how to make it load.

Any suggestions?

I deleted Reader 10 and downloaded and installed Reader 9.4. Under Preferences the 'web browser' box is no longer grayed out and I checked it. The Plug-in is in the Internet Plug-ins folder.

I can now view and print my Health Claim forms.

Would still like to find out why Reader 10 does not work correctly.
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Adobe Reader 10 - 12/05/10 08:34 PM
I noticed the same thing with the grayed out checkbox. My guess is that this is a bug in AR 10. In my case, I wanted to disable the AR plugin and couldn't do it from AR 10. So, I opened AR 9.4.1 (which I still have installed) and was able to do it there (it said that AR 10 was the plugin to be used). If you have that previous version, try going to Adobe Reader > Preferences > Internet and see if you can successfully enable it. Otherwise, you can download the AR 9.4.1 update here. It's possible that you will have to install AR 9.1 first (if you don't have AR 9) and you can get it at the same place.

EDIT: Evidently, I was writing my reply while you were editing your original post.
© FineTunedMac