Home
Posted By: GrayShades Switching letters when beginning to type - 11/29/10 03:26 PM
I have been battling a problem for months (sometimes does not show up, but most often it does). When I first typing in a program (switching to a program), the first two letters are swapping. So, for instance, I type John, and it immediately changes to oJhn (sometimes it switches the first three letters, so it would be ohJn. Unfortunately, it happens with numbers, and when I log into web sites, the account number is not entered correctly.

I have tried adjusting the CocoaAspell, Spell Catcher, and a few other things, but nothing seems to correct it. Occasionally, when I restart the computer, it will be fine, but the next time, it reverts back to this behavior. Any thoughts on how to resolve?
Tried another account, and no problems.

As a first step, I disabled TextExpander. that solved the problem, but now I can't use TextExpander. Nuts.
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Switching letters when beginning to type - 11/29/10 09:29 PM
Could be a corrupted preference file. In your normal account, go to Users/yourname/Library/Preferences and move com.smileonmymac.textexpander.plist to the desktop (at least, that's what I think it would be called; I don't have TextExpander so I can't experiment). Log out/in. If the problem is solved, reset your TE preferences and trash the bad plist. If not, put it back and then log out/in again.
Thanks. I did that, and it does appear that the plist had been corrupted. I will tentatively say that this has been solved.
© FineTunedMac