Home
Posted By: artie505 moveAddict: cut and paste files and folders - 07/03/10 10:47 AM
[off-topic] Hey, Doni,

A long time ago we lamented the lack of cut & paste in OS X.

Well, if you haven't seen this yet, it turned up in MacFixIt yesterday: moveAddict [/off-topic]

(This review appeared in MacWorld.)

Edited by alternaut (07/03/10 12:51 PM CST)
Edit Reason: Added info

Edited by dianne (07/04/10 4:18 PM CST)
Update: VT is no less than two versions behind the developer's website: moveAddict – cut and paste files, merge folders - Kapeli

(The developer's current d/l is v 1.57.)
These posts about moveAddict have been detached from Mac Mini 2010.

This thread will be moved to the Mac OS X Applications forum in a day or two.
cool dianne, but in that case I suggest that you rename the thread "Cut & Paste for OS X... Finally!"

That would clarify its content and possibly draw readers who wouldn't look otherwise.

Thanks.
Thank for the tip, Artie. Now that I'm back to using a Mac regularly, I'll definitely check it out. Funny, cut/paste was one of the first things I thought of when I was setting up my new Mini, moving all my stuff around to where I like it.
Your being as pleased with moveAddict as I am will make the heat and hoops I had to deal with to get the message to you worthwhile, doni.

Have a ball cutting and pasting! smile
Well, it certainly fits the bill: command+X, command+V, all a little boy could ask for. Thanks again for the tip, Artie!
Di nada, doni.

I'm curious about one thing, though... Early on, moveAddict's developer mentioned that cut and paste of files and folders had been impossible prior to Snow Leopard, which is why mA is not backwards compatible, and I'm wondering whether anybody knows why?
I've been using Lion at home for months, but it wasn't until I recently upgraded my office Mac that I realized Lion finally has cut/paste keyboard commands built in! How had I not noticed this sooner? About time! cool
Yep... But I'm so accustomed to moveAddict that I may just stick with it if I ever upgrade to Lion.

If you haven't seen this, you may find it helpful.
Originally Posted By: artie505
If you haven't seen this, you may find it helpful.

The comments there are hilarious (half the readership didn't understand the article apparently).
© FineTunedMac