Home
Posted By: kevs Good big free upload site? - 03/30/10 01:38 AM
I use yousendit for free under 2mb
then I go to media fire.
But for big sizes I try megaupload.
But megaupload seems to pull the link after a day, and wont anser questions about what going on.
Any recommendations on a free upload site with good service that allows a lot of file space. thanks!
Posted By: Pendragon Re: Good big free upload site? - 03/30/10 12:37 PM
I think DropBox is indeed a 5 star (free) application.

2.250 GB is free at sign up and one gets an extra 250 MB for each new "referral" (up to 8 GB of free space) they make.

If you care to, please send your email to me so that I may refer you and get the bonus: \\pndrgnsvc**at**aol++dot++com
Posted By: kevs Re: Good big free upload site? - 03/30/10 11:27 PM
Harv,
I'm confused.
I'm not looking for an app,I'm looking for a live website -- like the ones I mentioned.
Posted By: Pendragon Re: Good big free upload site? - 03/31/10 12:15 AM
Kevs,

I too am confused. DropBox is a website for storing (and sharing data). The "application" part is principally a front-end to ease the uploading of your data.

Once your data is on the web site, it can be shared (or not) as you determine.

Posted By: kevs Re: Good big free upload site? - 04/01/10 04:41 AM
Ok, I tested it. I think it's useless my needs because the 3rd would have to create drop box account correct? Most of the people I might sent stuff to wont bother with all that, they just want a quick dowload.
Posted By: Pendragon Re: Good big free upload site? - 04/01/10 10:31 AM
Kevs,

Not quite as much space, but perhaps Big Upload will work.

You get 500 MB free with a per upload max of 50 MB. Perhaps that will work, at least until something better comes along.

And of course, my regrets for the problems I caused.
Posted By: kevs Re: Good big free upload site? - 04/01/10 05:16 PM
It's worse than the two I have!
yousend it 100 free
media fire 200 free.
looking for more than that free.
megaupload does more, but is medicre service.
Posted By: Pendragon Re: Good big free upload site? - 04/01/10 08:29 PM
Sorry my help wasn't.

Perhaps you may be interested in using FTP software (some is free), but I have no personal experience with that, and apparently all such programs have some downside. How much would be acceptable to you, I dunno.

Also iChat and Skype allow/support very large file transfers, but then your contact would, AFAIK, have to be on-line with you.

Let's hope others here will have better options/suggestions.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Good big free upload site? - 04/02/10 07:35 AM
FileChute isn't free, but it may be your answer.
Posted By: kevs What all using for big file upload sites? - 07/26/10 11:41 PM
I use yousendit.com for uploading under 200mb for free.
Looking for recommendations on sites that may allow larger space. Also, any other good stable site in addition to the famous yousentit.com thanks.
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Good big free upload site? - 07/27/10 10:02 PM
I too am confused. DropBox is a website for storing (and sharing data).

I've found that DropBox works like iDisk meets Google Documents. It's an iDisk with more options. Maybe you're missing the desktop disc part of it?
Posted By: dianne Re: Good big free upload site? - 07/29/10 06:20 PM
kevs,

Take a look at SendStuffNow.

A Macworld article: SendStuffNow offers secure, managed file delivery.

I am not sure you will be able to find a "good" and "big" online file sharing service which is free and meets your other requirements.

Consider the costs of the hardware, the software, the bandwidth for uploads and downloads, and the staff to administrate and troubleshoot the site / service.
Posted By: kevs Re: Good big free upload site? - 07/29/10 07:23 PM
thanks Diane.
© FineTunedMac