Home
Posted By: plantsower Priinting Address book for mail 2.1.3 - 03/18/10 01:11 AM
Anyone know how to print out the names and addresses in the above mentioned address book? Thanks.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Priinting Address book for mail 2.1.3 - 03/18/10 07:01 AM
Hi, Rita,

How old is Address Book 2.1.3? (I've got 4.1.2 in OS X 10.5.7.)

At any rate, Address Book>Help>Print>Printing lists returns the following (for my version):

Quote:
Printing lists
You can print lists of contacts from your address book.

To print a list of contacts:

Select All or a group in the Group column, or select specific contacts in the Name column.

If contacts in the group you selected have multiple addresses, you can choose which address to use for each contact.

Selecting addresses for group members

Choose File > Print.

Choose Lists from the Style pop-up menu, and then set options.

Use the Attributes options to select the fields you want to appear for each name in the address book.

Click Print.

You can’t print directly from network directories. To print address book information for contacts in network directories, drag the contacts to your personal address book.

Check your own "Help" to see if there's consistency and then adjust your print parameters as needed.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: dkmarsh Re: Priinting Address book for mail 2.1.3 - 03/18/10 11:04 AM

Rita's post title refers to "mail 2.1.3," which means she is running Tiger (whose version of Address Book seems to be 4.0.x, according to a perusal of anecdotal evidence).

It should be noted that the Print... dialog may be contracted; if the Style pop-up menu you cited isn't in evidence, clicking the downward-pointing disclosure triangle to the right of the printer name will expand the dialog to show the full set of controls.

Edit: Actually, the paragraph above describes behavior which appears to have been instituted with OS X 10.5; 10.4's Print... dialogs don't include said disclosure triangle, always displaying the full set of controls instead.
Posted By: plantsower Re: Priinting Address book for mail 2.1.3 - 03/18/10 06:47 PM
Thanks, Artie. I did look help before I asked for it, but I couldn't find any real help. Anyway, I did it your way and it was simple. My 2.3.1 came with my ibook over 3 years ago. I still have Tiger as mentioned by DK.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Priinting Address book for mail 2.1.3 - 03/19/10 05:18 AM
> Rita's post title refers to "mail 2.1.3," [....]

I think it's about time I changed my screen-name to artie542. shocked crazy
Posted By: artie505 Re: Priinting Address book for mail 2.1.3 - 03/20/10 07:11 AM
> I did look help before I asked for it, but I couldn't find any real help.

Out of curiosity, Rita, did you look in OS X Help or in Address Book Help?

I found what I posted at Address Book>Help>Print>Printing lists.
Posted By: plantsower Re: Priinting Address book for mail 2.1.3 - 03/20/10 05:13 PM
Hi Artie:

I looked under Address Book help. I don't know how I missed it. Maybe because I wasn't looking for "printing lists". I was looking for "printing address book." Go figure. Anyway, it worked and I am grateful you helped me.

I have trouble finding my keys when they are in plain sight. That tells you something. smile

Rita
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Priinting Address book for mail 2.1.3 - 03/22/10 01:34 AM
Can you export in SDF etc format and print from some other application like Excel or Numbers?
Posted By: dkmarsh Re: Priinting Address book for mail 2.1.3 - 03/22/10 01:43 AM

Since Rita had no problem printing what she wanted after following the Help excerpt provided by artie ("I did it your way and it was simple...it worked and I am grateful you helped me"), what sense does it make to suggest she delve into exporting in an obscure file format and printing from a different application?
© FineTunedMac