Home
Posted By: jaybass bluestacks 4 - 09/28/22 07:26 PM
OS 10.14.6

I have tried 3 times to download bluestacks 4, their latest version but after installing about 60%, it quit. I tried a few months ago to download this app but with the same result.

Can it actually be downloaded? If so, how?

jaybass
Posted By: Ira L Re: bluestacks 4 - 09/29/22 04:38 PM
Briefly looking over the site and the app I noticed it requires that you sign in to your Google account at some point in the installation. Have you done that?
Posted By: jaybass Re: bluestacks 4 - 09/29/22 07:20 PM
I didn't notice that requirement. I think it is very difficult to download completely if not impossible on a mac. I did see that version 5 for a mac is in the works. I'll give that a try when it's released.

Regarding google, I avoid it unless I'm desperate.

jaybass
Posted By: artie505 Re: bluestacks 4 - 09/29/22 07:41 PM
I just d/l'ed BlueStacks4 for Mac from https://www.bluestacks.com/download.html and got a functional installer. (Latest Monterey)
Posted By: artie505 Re: bluestacks 4 - 09/30/22 04:31 AM
"Why does BlueStacks need me to log in to my Google account?

Google account login is required to help install games from Google Play Store and for troubleshooting issues just the way it is on your phone."
Posted By: Ira L Re: bluestacks 4 - 09/30/22 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by artie505
I just d/l'ed BlueStacks4 for Mac from https://www.bluestacks.com/download.html and got a functional installer. (Latest Monterey)

"Functional installer", but did it complete the installation? That was part of the initial problem reported.
Posted By: artie505 Re: bluestacks 4 - 09/30/22 05:01 PM
jaybass apparently mis-spoke in his first post when he used the word "installed.," because his twice-sated problem - in his first and final posts - is that the d/l failed.

Perhaps we need some clarification.
Posted By: artie505 Re: bluestacks 4 - 09/30/22 05:36 PM
OK, rather than wait for clarification, I ran the installer, and both installing the app and launching it took their sweeet time, but they did complete, and I've got a functional app.

I think jaybass's solution may be nothing more than a lot of patience.
© FineTunedMac