Home
Posted By: kevs Facebook weird one - 03/28/22 05:12 PM
https://www.facebook.com/CanonUSA

This page when logged-- the shop & message-- buttons (which you should see) are not there. When I log out and log back in with a dummy test facebook user they are there I have no ideas on this. Anyone have a clue on that?

Message button usually is there on most company website so this is perplexing if that helps at all
Posted By: Ira L Re: Facebook weird one - 03/28/22 05:56 PM
I followed your link and I see both buttons. So…?? This is with Safari 15.4.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Facebook weird one - 03/28/22 06:52 PM
Try disabling web blockers for the site. That cures an amazing number of web rendering issues.
Posted By: kevs Re: Facebook weird one - 03/28/22 07:42 PM
Ira, in Chrome, but tested Safari, same thing.

Joe, I thought that idea would work! Best idea so far. no go. Did not work, sadly. Disabled Ghostery, buttons still not there. (but will remember that tip!)

What did work (of no help really) is test user logged in FB has buttons Very weird. Something with my primary, main FB user with Canon.

And I say that because I see buttons with other company site.

Still that message is nice to have with Canon.... perplexing!
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Facebook weird one - 03/30/22 12:57 AM
I may not have expressed myself fully, I intended say disable ALL CONTENT BLOCKERS — and if that does not work, disable ALL SAFARI EXTENSIONS. It still might not work but were talking about a one or two keystrokes and might work. It wouldn’t fix the problem, but could dramatically narrow the solution space.
Posted By: kevs Re: Facebook weird one - 03/30/22 06:07 PM
Thanks Joe, but does not private browser accomplish that all in an instant.. just to see?
© FineTunedMac