Home
Posted By: sidneyfalco Airport Terrorist at Work? - 01/04/10 08:40 PM
My Airport wireless connection concked out quite suddenly during an internet session and I need help in setting it right. I got back online by using the cable connector so there is no emergency, just a lot of inconvenience in my apartment. I tried entering and re-entering the data several times, but can't get past the security password which is rejected, although all the data and passwords remain the same. What can I do? Thanks for your kind attention. Oh yes: I'm using a late 2006 Macbook, Intel, 10.6.2. Everything is up to date.
sidneyfalco
Posted By: crarko Re: Airport Terrorist at Work? - 01/05/10 12:23 AM
Well, for one thing you can stop with the silly sensationalist thread titles. That doesn't go over too big.

Can you log into the access point and reset the password there, and then change your MacBook to match?
Posted By: artie505 Re: Airport Terrorist at Work? - 01/05/10 07:48 AM
Have you tried resetting your AirPort Base Station?
Posted By: sidneyfalco Re: Airport Terrorist at Work? - 01/05/10 08:25 PM
Thanks to all for your help, including the resident censor. Misinterpreting my headline as "sensationalist" must be a kind of indicator of the degree to which the politics of fear has affected the population.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Airport Terrorist at Work? - 01/05/10 11:39 PM
> Thanks to all for your help, [....]

Well?
Posted By: sidneyfalco Re: Airport Terrorist at Work? - 01/06/10 06:22 PM
My wi-fi connection came back on as mysteriously as it went off--before I had a chance to try any of the recommended solutions. I don't use a base station, just the internal Airport device. Sorry that this experience didn't contribute to the knowledge base, but here's a point: the Airport went off at about the same time as my Mail.app started acting up, and I believe started again when I fixed the Mail by trashing the plist and re-entering the Mail data. Thanks again.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Airport Terrorist at Work? - 01/06/10 10:33 PM
> I don't use a base station, just the internal Airport device.

The "internal Airport device" is your AirPort card, but that's got to connect to another wireless device such as an AirPort Base Station; to what are you connecting?
Posted By: Hal Itosis Re: Airport Terrorist at Work? - 01/06/10 11:17 PM
>> to what are you connecting?

Howdy neighbor! laugh
Posted By: sidneyfalco Re: Airport Terrorist at Work? - 01/07/10 06:05 PM
OK, now I'm up on the jargon. The base station is a "box" from which is running a cable to an internet provider. The box has an antenna which communicates with the Airport card. The box also gives me access to telephone service and television, although I don't have a TV hooked up. It's a very fast broadband. It's located in France.
Posted By: Ira L Re: Airport Terrorist at Work? - 01/07/10 07:00 PM
So your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is some (French?) cable company. I would bet your original problems were not due to Airport issues, but to your ISP/cable box having some sort of interruption.

In the future if this happens again, try turning the power off to the box, wait about 30 seconds, turn it back on and see if the problem corrected itself. You may or may not need to restart your Mac after the power off/on to regain your wireless connection.
Posted By: sidneyfalco Re: Airport Terrorist at Work? - 01/07/10 07:28 PM
Sounds good, Ira. Thank you and all.
© FineTunedMac