Home
Posted By: ryck Apple Mail-Deletes from 2 places at once - 12/02/21 08:50 PM
Sometimes, when not sure about my email status, I will draft a test message and send it to myself. When it arrives okay, I delete it from both Sent and Inbox.

Today, when I deleted from the Inbox, Mail auto-deleted from the Sent box. Puzzled I did two more tests and the results were the same. This isn't a big deal but this new behaviour does seem curious....should I be worried or just remain puzzled?
FWIW I cannot replicate the behavior you are seeing. However, what you are seeing may probably reflects changes made on your email provider's IMAP server and are outside of your control.
Posted By: ryck Re: Apple Mail-Deletes from 2 places at once - 12/02/21 10:36 PM
Is there any possibility that because I gave SpamSieve another audition (to be within the 30 day free test period) and, after deciding SpamSieve might not be for me, deleted it completely using Find Any File? For a few days I thought Mail was acting a bit slower than normal, but since seems to be back to normal. If the SpamSieve deletion could be a reason, can Mail be re-installed without a full blown system re-install? If not, I may just stop worrying about it.
Observations such as…

Originally Posted by ryck
For a few days I thought Mail was acting a bit slower than normal, but since seems to be back to norma

..make me even more suspicious the change in behavior is due to changes made to your mail service provider's IMAP server software and therefore could not be effected by even a fully installed and functional SpamSieve on your device(s).
Posted By: ryck Re: Apple Mail-Deletes from 2 places at once - 12/03/21 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by joemikeb
..make me even more suspicious the change in behavior is due to changes made to your mail service provider's IMAP server software
Okay, so stop worrying that I removed something I should have left in....and stop worrying about any re-installs. Sounds good to me.
© FineTunedMac