Home
Posted By: freelance After Opera update, can't access router - 03/26/21 10:32 AM
Opera has been my go-to browser for years, although I keep Safari, Firefox and Chromium up to date.

Yesterday, I updated Opera and now I can't access my router: 192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.1.1 or https://192.168.1.1 – nothing works. I get this:

Gateway

Instead of this:

Router window

When I type my password into the Gateway window, it refuses to accept the password.

If I use any of the other browsers, I get the proper Vodafone Router window.

I've trashed caches, reinstalled Opera, deleted/reset password, can't think of anything else. Anything else I can try?

I exported all my bookmarks and imported them into Firefox, which is working fine. I really would like to figure out what is going wrong, though.

Thanks for any ideas.
In one of the browsers that DOES work correctly, click on the url displayed when you get the appropriate logon page....copy and paste that complete url (I'll bet there's more behind the IP address that is not being displayed without highlighting it) into Opera and see if that produces the desired result.

Let us know
Thanks. Yes, I tried that, but no cigar.

I don't think I've accessed my router for the past two months, so it's not like I am in desperate trouble. I've already gone back to Opera, because I've become so used to its behaviour. There is one banking site that doesn't like Opera, so now I have to use another browser for that site and to access the router...
Posted By: joemikeb Re: After Opera update, can't access router - 03/26/21 08:29 PM
I don't use Opera, but If the problem were in Safari, I would suggest disabling Content Blockers for the particular sites in involved, but you would have to figure out how that might be accomplished in Opera. Another possibility in any browser would be to flush the cache files.
Posted By: dkmarsh Re: After Opera update, can't access router - 03/26/21 11:02 PM
Does having trashed caches include having deleted history? I've had occasional perplexing failures-to-load, albeit in Safari, that seemed to require this particular step to correct.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: After Opera update, can't access router - 03/26/21 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by dkmarsh
Does having trashed caches include having deleted history? I've had occasional perplexing failures-to-load, albeit in Safari, that seemed to require this particular step to correct.
🤷‍♂️
You're a star! I don't know why disabling content blockers would have an effect on an internal router, but it did. And, it was only a problem since the update. It's Opera's own blocker, rather than an extension.

Anyway, thanks, all fixed now. Cheers.
© FineTunedMac