Home
Posted By: jchuzi invasive Dropbox - 07/21/19 09:37 AM
I know that Artie (and maybe others in this forum) use Dropbox for posting screenshots to FTM. But, they may want to reconsider after reading Dropbox silently installs new file manager app on users’ systems
Posted By: artie505 Re: invasive Dropbox - 07/21/19 09:59 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Jon, but I don't use Dropbox for any purpose; I tried it a few years back and just plain hated it.

I use Imgur, which I love.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: invasive Dropbox - 07/21/19 08:54 PM
🤬 Dropbox 🤬

I have two mission critical apps that synchronize through DropBox and after updating their software I spent a panicky half hour or more figuring out how to limit the scope of influence (which folders DropBox wanted to copy to their servers) and turn off the Automatic Synching. The new File manager wanted to synch virtually every file in my user folder — which of course would require buying a LOT more storage space.

If it weren't for those two apps I would happily scrub DropBox from my system and cancel my account. Now I am after those developers to work out another sync solution.
Posted By: artie505 Re: invasive Dropbox - 07/22/19 09:24 AM
I guess this should be noted:

Originally Posted By: Linked article
Update 4:06pm ET: Dropbox says this was a mistake. "We recently announced a new desktop app experience that is now currently available in Early Access. Due to an error, some users were accidentally exposed to the new app for a short period of time. The issue has been resolved, though there might be a short lag for some users to see resolution. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused."
© FineTunedMac