Home
Posted By: deniro Cookie - 10/23/18 01:35 AM
Well, now I'm confused about the program Cookie, because when I click Remove Non-Favorites, it appears that Favorites are being deleted, too.

I went through the wizard at the beginning, so I have list of Favorites checked. I went through the tutorial on their web site for keeping the Gmail cookie, but it didn't work. I still had to login the next time I started Firefox.

So I don't know.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Cookie - 10/23/18 03:16 PM
Originally Posted By: deniro
Well, now I'm confused about the program Cookie, because when I click Remove Non-Favorites, it appears that Favorites are being deleted, too.

I didn't see that in v 5.9.1 (nor have I ever seen it in any version, beta or otherwise); are you seeing it when you remove non-favorites from your Cookie window, or are you using the menu bar option and surmising?

I can't even guess about Gmail, so I suggest that you email Russell about it; he generally responds promptly and helpfully.
Posted By: ryck Re: Cookie - 10/23/18 03:51 PM
Originally Posted By: deniro

Like artie, I've never had that happen in any version and I've also found the developer quick to respond to queries.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Cookie - 10/23/18 03:55 PM
I wonder if deniro has run afoul of 30 day cookie expiration?

I've run across it only as respects FTM's cookies, but he may just be unlucky.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Cookie - 10/23/18 08:35 PM
I have run across other sites with short cookie lifetimes. I believe the shorter lifespan is a growing trend in response to customer and government regulator's concerns.
© FineTunedMac