Home
Posted By: kevs Don't put social links in emails? - 05/29/18 04:49 PM
I send an old time client four hi res images, about 10mb and it bounces back. The email says it looks like spam. So I send the images without my 4 social links (Facebook, twitter, Instagram, Linked in), and they go through fine.

So should I not send anyone social links anymore? Anyone heard about this issue? Opinions?

In the bounced email among a lot of gobbly gook text was:
host mx.spamexperts.com[31.204.154.86] said: 550
High probability of spam (in reply to end of DATA command)
Posted By: MG2009 Re: Don't put social links in emails? - 05/29/18 06:25 PM
Actually, that kind of makes sense to me.

A lot of the time, spammers will have some kind of link attached to an email, so I am not surprised that "by default" some filter setups would flag such an email.

Perhaps somewhere buried in whatever email provider you are using, there is a preference setting where you can add selected contacts (with links) to a "safe list" of some sort (???).

Just guessing here.
Posted By: kevs Re: Don't put social links in emails? - 05/29/18 07:28 PM
thanks MG, well, yeah, I could put this client in my contacts, but this is on his end right?

But here is the question: just never send social links? or too crazy.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Don't put social links in emails? - 05/29/18 08:01 PM
If you've always included the links and this is the first time they've been a problem, you've more or less answered your own question, and you maybe ought to just have this one client white-list you.

If the problem becomes pervasive, the answer reverses itself.

More: It may pay you to put a "Please add me to your contacts" blurb at the bottom of your emails...but that works only if the filter doesn't kick in first.
© FineTunedMac