Home
Posted By: plantsower Download manager - 11/23/09 04:39 AM
How does one find the download manager? It pops up when I download something, but otherwise I can't locate it. I want to check a previous download.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tried spotlight and looking at the hard drive. Not showing up.
Posted By: macnerd10 Re: Download manager - 11/23/09 05:14 AM
I guess it is part of the browser. You may tell the browser not to close it after download. In Safari, go to Preferences>general>remove download list items and check "Manually".
In Firefox, go to preferences>Main, and check "show the downloads window...". The option "close it when downloads are finished" must be unchecked.
Hope it works for you.
Posted By: plantsower Re: Download manager - 11/23/09 06:02 AM
Thank you. I have Safari. It was already checked "manually." But, can't bring up the download window unless I'm downloading something. It's like it's lost in space. confused

Rita

Originally Posted By: macnerd10
I guess it is part of the browser. You may tell the browser not to close it after download. In Safari, go to Preferences>general>remove download list items and check "Manually".
In Firefox, go to preferences>Main, and check "show the downloads window...". The option "close it when downloads are finished" must be unchecked.
Hope it works for you.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Download manager - 11/23/09 08:05 AM
Hi, Rita,

Safari menu bar>Window>Downloads or command-option-L will turn the trick.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: plantsower Re: Download manager - 11/24/09 01:17 AM
That's it!!! Thanks, Artie!!! smile Rita

Originally Posted By: artie505
Hi, Rita,

Safari menu bar>Window>Downloads or command-option-L will turn the trick.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Download manager - 11/24/09 07:52 PM
if you look up in the menubar you can see what shortcut keys do what things, the shortcuts are listed to their left.

Sometimes holding down alt or shift shows alternate shortcuts.
Posted By: plantsower Re: Download manager - 11/24/09 09:57 PM
Right. Artie, above, let me know that also. Thanks so much. smile Rita

Originally Posted By: Virtual1
if you look up in the menubar you can see what shortcut keys do what things, the shortcuts are listed to their left.

Sometimes holding down alt or shift shows alternate shortcuts.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Download manager - 11/24/09 10:56 PM
I think V1 was trying to make the point that you ought to get into the habit of cruising the menu bar in every app you run; you'll be amazed at some of the functionality and other stuff you'll learn about.
Posted By: plantsower Re: Download manager - 11/25/09 01:13 AM
Oh. I thought he was just rewording what you said. You guys are right. I rarely check the menu bar. I will start doing that. That's a habit I never picked up.

Thank you.

Rita

Originally Posted By: artie505
I think V1 was trying to make the point that you ought to get into the habit of cruising the menu bar in every app you run; you'll be amazed at some of the functionality and other stuff you'll learn about.
Posted By: macnerd10 Re: Download manager - 11/25/09 08:04 AM
In Firefox, it is under Tools, or command-J.
Posted By: plantsower Re: Download manager - 11/25/09 06:15 PM
Thanks, Alex.

© FineTunedMac