Home
Posted By: jchuzi tip: how to reopen tabs in Safari - 11/28/16 11:25 AM
Although the following article mentions iOS (which I don't use), I learned some things about reopening tabs in MacOS Sierra. For me, it's useful stuff. How to reopen tabs in Safari for iOS 10 and macOS Sierra
Posted By: joemikeb Re: tip: how to reopen tabs in Safari - 11/28/16 06:26 PM
Thanks for passing that along Jon. Once you brought it up I went looking and found three Safari features I was unaware of…
  1. On MacOS 10.12.2 beta and iOS 10.2 beta and the recently closed icon (+) shown in the Apple Insider tip does not appear in Safari 10.0.2, Safari Technology Preview release 18 and is not available as a custom icon. However, on both the Safari and Safari Technology Preview menu bar you will find History âž­ Recently Closed with a laundry list of recently closed Tabs/Windows.
  2. ⇧⌘T will reopen the last closed window.
  3. When I was looking for the icon shown in the article I discovered another feature I had previously overlooked in Safari on MacOS and iOS. There is a Show/Exit tab overview icon (❐) that lists all the currently open Safari tabs/windows on every device associated with the same Apple ID. Clicking on any of those opens the specified tab/window on your current device.
Features get added, subtracted, and sometimes re-added in Apple's beta testing process. Personally I hope these features as implemented in the current betas will prevail.
© FineTunedMac