Home
Posted By: jaybass email - 12/21/15 01:33 PM
OS 10.6.8 Today I received this email. Anyone know anything about it? jaybass

http://meetautos.com/clearly.php?hope=nbrb11t1rz3wz0v
Posted By: jchuzi Re: email - 12/21/15 02:02 PM
I haven't seen this one, but I can definitely express an opinion: It's a scam. If any of the people who send these things had a good way of making money, they wouldn't need to recruit suckers prospects. Stay 200% away from anything like this.

If you really insist on following up, contact me instead. I have access to $1 million from a Nigerian prince. wink
Posted By: jaybass Re: email - 12/21/15 03:27 PM
Jon, Just as I thought. Jaybass
Posted By: ryck Re: email - 12/22/15 01:34 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybass
Jon, Just as I thought. Jaybass

For sure….especially when the first sentence says: "How did 167 average people went…."
Posted By: honestone Re: email - 12/22/15 04:12 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybass
OS 10.6.8 Today I received this email. Anyone know anything about it? jaybass

http://meetautos.com/clearly.php?hope=nbrb11t1rz3wz0v

You should never open an EMail from a suspicious source, and especially one you do not recognize.

I use Outlook, and it does a pretty good job of sending about 98% of such crap to the Junk Mail folder.
Posted By: jaybass Re: email - 12/22/15 02:36 PM
Strangely enough, I know someone in England with the same name whom I emailed and he confirmed my suspicions. This was in the junk folder but as you know sometimes there is a genuine email in there. jaybass.
Posted By: grelber Re: email - 12/22/15 04:20 PM
The salient point is (as ryck and honestone have pointed out, as have others in any number of forums):
If email comes from an unknown source and even more so if there are significant grammatical and/or spelling errors in the message —
• destroy the sucker immediately
• never ever reply to such a message (even if you just wish to vent your displeasure through invective, including obscenities, in the pursuit of feeling better) since it will provide the sender with evidence that your email address is valid
• even more important, never ever click on any embedded hotlink; it is almost certain that your computer will be compromised

tongue If you choose not to take the advice, please provide all your financial account numbers and passwords for the benefit of FTM members (as opposed to fictitious Nigerian princes or widows of Ugandan finance ministers). Your donation will be gratefully received. crazy
Posted By: jchuzi Re: email - 12/22/15 04:34 PM
Fictitious Nigerian prince?!! How dare you! He's as real as Santa Claus and just as generous. Oh, by the way, I still have that bridge in Brooklyn for sale.
Posted By: grelber Re: email - 12/22/15 04:40 PM
Originally Posted By: jchuzi
... I still have that bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

Moi je préfère the bridge to Terabithia. smirk
Posted By: artie505 Re: email - 12/22/15 10:15 PM
Originally Posted By: grelber
... I still have that bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

Moi je préfère the bridge to Terabithia. smirk

And what's the matter with Mannahatta?
Posted By: grelber Re: email - 12/22/15 11:51 PM
Originally Posted By: artie505
And what's the matter with Mannahatta?

It was sold for $24 in 1626 and has been off the market ever since. Thinking of putting in a bid?

And with that this thread really does need to be put into the Lounge.
Posted By: ryck Re: email - 12/24/15 03:44 AM
Fictitious Nigerian prince?!! How dare you! He's as real as Santa Claus and just as generous. Oh, by the way, I still have that bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

I've been just as lucky. A customs worker overseas has discovered an unclaimed trunk full of cash and needs a place out of country to send it. Whoohoo!! Maybe there'll be enough to buy your bridge.
© FineTunedMac