Home
Posted By: Pendragon Safari 9.0 Toolbar (Icons MIA) - 10/02/15 05:21 PM
In the new El Capitán Safari 9.0, I noticed that the Downloads icon that is present in 10.10.5 toolbar is now MIA. Likewise for the Trusteer-Rapport icon (even though it is enabled in the Trusteer prefs).

I looked for the Download icon in the "Customize Toolbar", but none was found.

Is this normal or is there something I should do to return the lost icons? confused

P.S. I was just testing the new Split Screen feature, and after returning to normal, the Download icon returned to both the toolbar and to the options in "Customize Toolbar".

I remain confused, but that does solve one problem.
Posted By: MacManiac Re: Safari 9.0 Toolbar (Icons MIA) - 10/02/15 07:22 PM
Hi Harve,

I think what you'll find is that the download toolbar indicator only shows once you have a recent download "in the hopper" so to speak.....which is a slight change from past expectations.

If you clear the downloads (by clicking and pulling down the contextual menu in your Safari downloads toolbar icon) you should see the now empty icon go away until your next download happens.
Posted By: Pendragon Re: Safari 9.0 Toolbar (Icons MIA) - 10/02/15 09:44 PM
Many thanks, indeed that makes sense-- though I still wonder why it went MIA from the "Customize" options. confused

FWIW, I sent a help request to the Trusteer gang asking where their icon went. I'll be most surprised if true help is received.
Posted By: Ira L Re: Safari 9.0 Toolbar (Icons MIA) - 10/03/15 03:12 PM
The Downloads icon has been behaving this way since before version 9 of Safari. Perhaps you never noticed it because you did not clear the downloads list.
Posted By: Pendragon Re: Safari 9.0 Toolbar (Icons MIA) - 10/03/15 03:35 PM
Thanks, Ira! But now I fear the specter has been raised that there are other aspects of Apple that have eluded me. Nah...😎
© FineTunedMac