Home
Someone is selling one they were using with Comcast and switched to Time Warner. The cable installer hooked it up and showed her it was slower than the TW 'approved' modem. What up? Would like to eliminate modem rental fee. Presently, I am getting 21.49Mbps download speed and 2.16Mbps upload.
Over the years I have had enough DOCSIS modems fail and had to be replaced that I finally came to the conclusion it was just as cheap to let Charter own it rather than me. Of course since then the little Cisco modem They installed the last time has soldiered on for two years with out failure. My download speed is 41Mbps and upload 4.84Mbps.

Should I decide to purchase another cable modem other than rent, it will be a Cisco modem. But that is just my personal experience.
I may rock (see slolerner's signature; thank you, slo), but my Internet speed does not. Here in my part of (suburban) California, with AT&T U-verse, my dl is 3 Mbps and up is 1.5 Mbps. That's the maximum available. I am so envious! crazy

The fiber optic cables have been strung along the poles, but no connection to anything as of yet. Originally promised for the end of last year. confused
Can you climb a telephone pole?
I think the connection at the Central Office is also incomplete. My black bag skills are not as good as my pole climbing. grin
© FineTunedMac