Home
Posted By: jaybass bookmarks - 01/06/15 03:06 PM
imac OS10.6.8 Is there a way to colour code or change the icon on bookmarks?
I'm not too optimistic but who knows. jaybass
Posted By: artie505 Re: bookmarks - 01/06/15 05:50 PM
Have you searched the Safari Extensions Gallery? (I took a very cursory look and didn't see anything that fits your bill.)
Posted By: jchuzi Re: bookmarks - 01/06/15 11:19 PM
Perhaps iKnop will do some of what you want.
Posted By: artie505 Re: bookmarks - 01/07/15 04:57 AM
iKnop's documentation is 100% in Russian, but I tried it (only) because it's available from the Safari Extensions Gallery.

I couldn't figure out how, even if, it works.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: Ira L Re: bookmarks - 01/07/15 05:00 PM
Originally Posted By: artie505
iKnop's documentation is 100% in Russian, but I tried it (only) because it's available from the Safari Extensions Gallery.

I couldn't figure out how, even if, it works.

Any suggestions?

Admittedly sparse, but here are the English provided instructions:
"This extension greatly enhances the addition of visual bookmarks in your account. Add visual bookmarks from the page that you want to add, select the icon for the bookmark, and click Create."

I take this to mean you have to have some icons from which to choose. These could also be found with a web search.

Having not tried the extension, it's not clear to me if it replaces the text/name of the bookmark with the icon or appends the icon to the name.
Posted By: artie505 Re: bookmarks - 01/07/15 05:45 PM
Sorry for not mentioning that I saw, and failed to comprehend, that English blurb, Ira.

I just reinstalled iKnop and noticed its address bar icon. Clicking on it results in a drop-down that is Russianly incomprehensible with the exception of the little circle with the "X" in it.

Naaah! I'm just not that interested, but thanks for trying.
© FineTunedMac