Home
Posted By: slolerner Airport Base Station Agent? iTunes Helper? - 10/08/14 02:56 PM
What do these things do and do I need them? I am not using an Airport router and what does iTunes helper do? They are using CPU and was wondering... If I don't need them, how do I turn them off?
OSXDaily has the following comments on your processes, how to disable them and what the consequences of disabling are:

- AirPort Base Station Agent
- iTunesHelper
Thanks. Airport Base Station is gone, but I had already disabled iTunes Helper in Startup items and it was still there. So I went into iTunes Prefs and set pref so that connecting a devise does not automatically launch iTunes but that didn't work either, it is still running after restart. Not a big deal, but weird?
Originally Posted By: slolerner
I had already disabled iTunes Helper in Startup items and it was still there. [...] it is still running after restart. Not a big deal, but weird?

GageGecko (last post in linked thread) suggests renaming iTuneshelper.app (Option-click iTunes.app > "Show Package Contents"> MacOS folder) will prevent it from launching and being added to Login Items. You may have to repeat this after updating iTunes.
© FineTunedMac