Home
Posted By: artie505 Flash Alert! - 01/08/14 11:11 AM
Despite the fact that its pref pane has been working correctly (Finally!) I still check my Flash prefs periodically, and tonight I discovered that my three "blocks" had reverted to "allows".

I reset them, and a short while later they reverted again, so I reset them, and....

I think I check my prefs often enough to safely say that this behavior is associated with the most recent version of Flash, v 11.9.900.170.

For the moment, I've disabled Flash, and I advise everybody to check their own prefs.

Update: With Flash disabled I was able to d/l and reinstall, but no joy. frown mad
Posted By: Jay-bird Re: Flash Alert! - 01/08/14 11:23 AM
Thanks for the tip.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Flash Alert! - 01/08/14 12:03 PM
You're welcome, but I now wonder whether disabling Flash is of any value, because even with it disabled, those "blocks" continue to revert to "allows".

I wonder what the actual connection between Flash and those prefs, if any, is...whether those "allows" are functional without it. confused
Posted By: Jay-bird Re: Flash Alert! - 01/08/14 12:19 PM
Can"t help you but since I changed my preferences [tks to you ] they are holding
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Flash Alert! - 01/08/14 12:25 PM
My Flash preferences are holding with the same version of Flash. I saw the behavior that you describe when I used Flush to get rid of any Flash cookies (some time in the past). Does that ring a bell for you?
Posted By: artie505 Re: Flash Alert! - 01/08/14 02:47 PM
Hmmm... I use Cookie to clear Flash cookies, and I just updated it.

I'll revert and report back.

Thanks for the thought.

Update: Jon gets the blue ribbon (Thanks! smile ); Cookie somehow cleared my "Flash global preferences file" unbidden, but I've restored it, and it's holding.

Alert rescinded. (Sorry for crying "Wolf!")

Hmmm2... I wonder what was up with Jays prefs?
Posted By: Jay-bird Re: Flash Alert! - 01/08/14 03:11 PM
Just used flush and it did revert back to allow… tks jon
Posted By: artie505 Re: Flash Alert! - 01/08/14 03:16 PM
We crossed in the mail.

I'm happy to hear that both of our issues are now history.
Posted By: jchuzi Re: Flash Alert! - 01/08/14 04:01 PM
Originally Posted By: artie505
I'm happy to hear that both of our issues are now history.
Me too.
© FineTunedMac