Home
I use Apple Mail v6.3 on my Mac Pro. There is one pesky spam message that arrives 5 or 6 days/week that I have labeled as Junk many times. Each time, the spam message continues to show up the following day and does not go to the Junk folder. The only way I can deal with it is to make a Rule that identifies the spam by sender name and moves it to the Trash. Nearly every day, I open the app and there it is again in the trash. I can let this go on forever, but it's irksome to me to see it get around the Junk label. How does this spammer pull that off? How can I make the Junk label be effective with it?
I have seen this happen too: mail messages that Mail just doesn't seem to recognize as junk no matter how many times I tag similar messages. I don't know why it does that; it's something I've never been able to figure out.
Oh well. Misery loves company. At least I now know that I'm not being singled out by the fates.

The Mail app does have a Rule combination that enables me to define the incoming spam. Then I choose IF "All" of the following are met:
From Contains "description of sender's name" then perform the following actions: "Delete Message."

At first, I received it in the Trash folder so I could look to see if it was still being sent. Now that I'm sure it will be long lasting, I'm thrilled to set up this rule. However, I still wish the Junk Mail list were doing its job.
OS 10,6,8

Just a thought, have you tried bouncing it several consecutive times?

jaybass
Yes. I did it many times on the same occasions with the same disappointing result. Then, I used the rule and have been happy ever after.
© FineTunedMac