Home
Posted By: jaybass importing address book - 10/05/11 01:13 PM
I have just opened a gmail account. Have been trying to import my address book into my gmail. I do not have it set up for use with apple's mail.
I suppose there is is a way?

jaybass
Posted By: roger Re: importing address book - 10/05/11 05:25 PM
I think you Export a vCard out of Address Book (File/Export) to somewhere easy to find (desktop, etc), then go to your gmail Contacts and choose "More" and import the vcard. see if that helps, and if not, we can go from there.

laugh
Posted By: jaybass Re: importing address book - 10/06/11 04:40 PM
I followed your instructions and all went well, I think!

I exported vCard okay.

Address Book appears on my contact list and when I double click it, a highlighted

box at the top says "loading". This lasts well over a minute but I'm not accessing

any addresses. Something I'm missing?

jaybass
Posted By: roger Re: importing address book - 10/06/11 05:54 PM
hmm. so you imported the .vcf file into gmail?
Posted By: jaybass Re: importing address book - 10/07/11 01:11 PM
Yes, that's the way it seems.
I was thinking if it would make a difference if I opened the address book and highlighted every address and then see if they will go that way...I'm clutching at straws! I'll try and see what happens.

Thanks Roger,
jaybass
Posted By: jaybass Re: importing address book - 10/07/11 01:45 PM
Further to my recent reply, I have again followed your instructions and with the same result except that I started to click something which I'm not sure what and the addresses appeared. The second time a vCard icon showed on my desktop and I think? I dragged it over to my contacts. However, all's well that ends well. It then took me several minutes to figure out how to send an email.
Thanks again Roger.
jaybass
Posted By: roger Re: importing address book - 10/07/11 09:12 PM
well, I'm glad you got it working!!
© FineTunedMac