Home
Posted By: ryck iSync Query - 06/20/11 04:58 PM
This morning my menu bar started flashing and I was unable to Shutdown. I tried the usual Force Quit but could not get a response from it. The window appeared but it took "timing" to select the Finder and, even then, the Force Quit button wasn't functional.

I did a shutdown by holding the AC.

On reboot I checked around and most references to a flashing menu bar seemed to be related to the functioning of iSync. iSync is on my drive although the chances of me ever needing it are very, very slim. I opened its Preferences and unchecked "Enable syncing on this computer".

Should that be all I need to do (assuming iSync is the issue) or should I remove the application?

ryck
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: iSync Query - 06/21/11 09:47 PM
how frequent is it flashing? may be finder in a relaunch loop. can you open things in your dock and use them?
Posted By: artie505 Re: iSync Query - 06/22/11 12:06 AM
Was your entire menu bar flashing, or was it only either the left or right hand side?
Posted By: ryck Re: iSync Query - 06/24/11 02:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Virtual1
how frequent is it flashing? may be finder in a relaunch loop. can you open things in your dock and use them?

Originally Posted By: artie505
Was your entire menu bar flashing, or was it only either the left or right hand side?

Sorry for the delay in responding but I've been away and off-line for three days.

The entire menu bar was flashing and it was fairly rapid....sort of like an "Eat at Joe's" neon sign. During the period it was flashing nothing worked. It hasn't happened since I made the iSync Preferences change, and everything has been working normally.

ryck

© FineTunedMac