Home
Posted By: ryck "Autofilling" of Forms - 07/29/10 10:11 AM
The Safari > Preferences > Autofill provides three options for separate checkoff.

• Using info from my Address Book card
• User names and passwords
• Other forms

I don't have concerns about Address Book, thinking "If they're in my address book, I know them". User names and passwords is also okay as you are asked permission at individual sites.

However, when I looked through the list under Other forms, I got a bit worried. The list was as extensive as a cookie list. In fact there were a number of names to whom I would never give any additional information about myself and there were a number I simply didn't recognize. In fact, one was just a period without any alphabetical characters.

1. When a person allows automatic form-filling, is that person allowing the site to look through the drive in order to gather the information?

2. Does the fact that the list of names I found mean that Cookies themselves contain a request to autofill?

3. If so, could a person be "autofilling" a form that is not apparent? i.e. sending personal information to another party without knowing it.

ryck
Posted By: jchuzi Re: "Autofilling" of Forms - 07/29/10 10:48 AM
Apple plugs autofill vulnerability with Safari 5.0.1
Posted By: ryck Re: "Autofilling" of Forms - 07/29/10 02:52 PM
Thanks, Jon. That's a good read. It certainly answers question #3.

ryck
© FineTunedMac