Home
Posted By: freelance A produce endorsement, I'm afraid... - 01/12/10 09:02 PM
Item: TS8GJFT3K
Product: Transcend 8gb Jetflash T3 Usb2.0 Black
Unit Price: GBP 14.79 (Excl. VAT)

I was looking for something techie and a bit cheap to give my niece and nephew for Christmas. I got one for myself while I was at it.

8gb was the size of the hard drive in my first Mac. This flash drive is so small it fits without noticing in the watch pocket of my jeans. Which is the problem:

I put the jeans through the wash and didn't notice until I wondered where the heck my flash drive was.

Short story: plugged it in and it worked perfectly. No moving parts, I guess.
Posted By: alternaut Re: A produce endorsement, I'm afraid... - 01/12/10 10:12 PM
Originally Posted By: freelance
Short story: plugged it in and it worked perfectly. No moving parts, I guess.

If only your salad would be that versatile… shocked smirk
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: A produce endorsement, I'm afraid... - 01/12/10 11:35 PM
Moving parts aren't the issue. You just probably ran it through the dryer and got all the water out before applying power.

water + metal + power = badbadbad

I have a Lexar FireFly (16gb) and love it. It was $146 when I got it tho. wink Have had it for awhile... (early adopter!)
Posted By: freelance Re: A produce endorsement, I'm afraid... - 01/13/10 08:00 PM
Originally Posted By: Virtual1
You just probably ran it through the dryer and got all the water out before applying power.

I don't have a dryer. I don't have a dishwasher. I don't have a microwave. I don't have a cappucino maker, either, but I do seem to have a bit of luck! cool
Posted By: freelance Re: A product endorsement, I'm afraid... - 01/13/10 08:03 PM
Quote:
If only your salad would be that versatile… shocked smirk

I couldn't work out what you were on about, then (slap head) I spotted my typo...
© FineTunedMac