Home
Posted By: ryck Charge MacBook from Desktop iMac? - 12/24/09 09:56 PM
Is it possible to charge the battery in an older 13" Intel MacBook (1.83 GHz) using an Imac desktop (2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)?

ryck
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Charge MacBook from Desktop iMac? - 12/24/09 10:06 PM
The only two ways to charge a battery are to install it in a computer with an ac adapter attached or to drop it into a drop-in charger that's made for that model of battery. Apple doesn't make those drop-in chargers but you can buy them elsewhere. Some charge 2 batteries, and some larger ones do 5 or 10 at a time.
Posted By: ryck Re: Charge MacBook from Desktop iMac? - 12/24/09 10:59 PM
Thanks. I figured it was a bit of a long-shot but at least worth asking.

One of my daughters has already come home for the holidays and forgot her mag-link. I didn't know how much juice actually flows through a maglink but, hoping that it might be similar to the power in Firewire that runs external hard drives, thought there might be a way to tap the Firewire power.

Can't blame a guy for trying.....at least it's not a show-stopper....daughter #2 arrives tomorrow with her Macbook and charger.

ryck
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Charge MacBook from Desktop iMac? - 12/25/09 08:50 PM
If you're going to be on the go with your laptop it's a good idea to have a second adapter. One to keep at home tied to your desk and one for the laptop bag.
© FineTunedMac