Home
Posted By: ryck Printing without BCCs - 03/20/19 03:59 PM
Whenever I print an email, it shows the previously hidden BCCs. I would like to be able to print the email without revealing the BCCs, just:

Subject:
Date:
To:
CC:

Any ideas?
Posted By: Ira L Re: Printing without BCCs - 03/20/19 04:08 PM
From which software are you printing the e-mails?

On the off chance that it is Apple Mail, I sent an e-mail to myself from a different e-mail account of mine with a BCC to that different account. When printing the e-mail as the original recipient or the BCC copy, neither printout showed the BCC's.
Posted By: ryck Re: Printing without BCCs - 03/20/19 04:33 PM
Originally Posted By: Ira L
From which software are you printing the e-mails?

I use Apple Mail. This is an email sent to myself, with CCs and a number of people who were BCCs. I now wish to provide printed copies for other people but without the BCCs showing - to preserve the privacy of the email addresses of the BCC recipients. However, whenever I print, the BCC names and addresses are visible.
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Printing without BCCs - 03/21/19 04:21 PM
afaik,bcc is going to show up in your sent items if you sent a copy to yourself. this is a behavior of apple mail and I don't know of a way to turn it off

it might not show up in a copy you receive yourself if you copied yourself.
Posted By: ryck Re: Printing without BCCs - 03/21/19 06:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Virtual1
it might not show up in a copy you receive yourself if you copied yourself.

That's a good idea, although too late for this occasion....definitely will remember next time.

However, in a variation of your thought....I've forwarded a copy of the original to myself and it shows up without the BCCs. Slightly clunky for layout but does the trick.
© FineTunedMac