Home
Posted By: ryck iPad & Bose Bluetooth Issue - 01/11/14 01:13 AM
I have a new Bose Soundlink Mini that I have been using with my iPad via Bluetooth. Until today it has worked flawlessly, connecting without issue.

Today I coupled the Bose with my iMac and it worked fine.

However, the iPad now will not link with the Bose, instead suggesting that it needs to be within range. It wasn't linking a foot away. I got my Apple keyboard and it connected as usual.

I assumed the Bose might still be linked to the iMac so I opened the iMac and disconnected it. For good measure I also turned off the iMac Bluetooth.

Still no connection....just the dialogue box about range.

EDIT: Found a solution

In case anyone else runs across this issue............

I found all kinds of ideas that involved holding down various Bose buttons for ten seconds but none of them worked. At the Bose site I found a document for a different device (but same issue) that had all the same ideas that didn't work for me.

However, there was also a different suggestion: "Clear the list on your Bluetooth® device. For more information, please refer to the manufacturer of the device".

So, on my iPad Settings/Bluetooth/Devices I selected the Bose SoundLink Mini and then the "i" for information. In the new dialogue box I choose Forget this device. A new search attempt worked perfectly.
Posted By: Pendragon Re: iPad & Bose Bluetooth Issue - 01/20/14 11:10 AM
Thanks, ryck.

I have heard of the solution you posted, though never had a need for it. Still, it's good to know.

Apparently, the issue is with Apple and affects various BT devices, not just Bose.
Posted By: Shona J Re: iPad & Bose Bluetooth Issue - 01/14/15 02:01 AM
thanks Ryck - have just tried this and it worked for me!
Posted By: ryck Re: iPad & Bose Bluetooth Issue - 01/15/15 01:54 AM
Your're welcome....and welcome to FineTunedMac.
© FineTunedMac