Home
Posted By: RHV Wanted: A Decent All in One - 06/07/10 03:49 PM
I'm going to junk my hp all in one. It's low quality junk, and hp seems unwilling to provide snow leopard drivers for the scanner function -- which now does not work.

Does anybody have an all in one that they are pleased with?

Posted By: dianne Re: Wanted: A Decent All in One - 06/09/10 12:53 AM
RHV,

I am wondering which HP All-in-One you are going to junk because it will not scan in Mac OS X 10.6.x?
Quote:
Does anybody have an all in one that they are pleased with?
HP Deskjet 4480 works for me when plugged into my computer via the USB port.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Wanted: A Decent All in One - 06/09/10 01:30 PM
I have had good results with Brother all in ones.
Posted By: MicroMatTech3 Re: Wanted: A Decent All in One - 06/09/10 08:57 PM
Keep in mind that there may be compatible third-party software for the scanner function, such as VueScan.
Posted By: RHV Re: Wanted: A Decent All in One - 06/17/10 02:46 PM
It's an HP psc 1315.

I've found somebody over at hp forums that can get the scanning software to work -- by using a set of drivers from Tiger. When I get time, I'll try this
Posted By: RHV Re: Wanted: A Decent All in One - 06/17/10 02:48 PM
Thanks for that. If I can't make my current all in one scan, I'll look at Brother.
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Wanted: A Decent All in One - 06/18/10 02:42 AM
I'll second vuescan. It made short work of my 32 (yes, not 35)mm film strips. Every other software I tried insisted on scanning them in at 35mm, and you can imagine the mess that makes.

On, and it also did an almost frighteningly good job of exposure correction.
Posted By: MacManiac Re: Wanted: A Decent All in One - 06/24/10 03:28 PM
RHV,

FWIW, I was reminded of your issue here while I was reviewing past issues of MacWorld magazine following my recent return from "far far away" where I don't get mail......the March issue, specifically on p.46, cites a couple of good work-arounds but also led me to believe that my All-in-One would no longer scan now that I was using Snow Leopard....a "fact" that didn't seem to ring true to me, as I had used the scanner many times since updating my OS.

It turns out that my HP 7680 OfficeJet Pro works just fine under Snow Leopard (currently at 10.6.4).....HP Scan Version 2.1.3 (7) is the software driver that I have installed and it has never had a problem with Snow Leopard.

My AIO lives on the LAN as an IP device with a dedicated IP address and I access it without wires from anywhere in the house using WiFi.

The specific HP site with the full details lives **HERE**

Hope this gives you some hope....
© FineTunedMac