Home
Posted By: jaybass apk file - 05/25/22 07:08 PM
OS 10.14.6

I want to convert an apk file to a MP4. I have just downloaded Prism but I couldn't get it to work...maybe I'm required to purchase the app.

Does anyone know of an app that will work?

jaybass
Posted By: freelance Re: apk file - 05/26/22 07:19 AM
First I've heard of apk. Does this help? :

https://www.lifewire.com/apk-file-4152929
Posted By: Ira L Re: apk file - 05/26/22 05:47 PM
So it sounds like an APK file is an Android package file. That is, a "folder" that contains stuff to run on in Android environment. Maybe if you follow the procedure in the link Freelance provided the APK package will open and reveal something in it that can be converted to and MP4 file, but based on what I have read (admittedly limited) the APK itself will not convert to MP4.
Posted By: jaybass Re: apk file - 05/26/22 05:59 PM
Ira, you are correct about it being an android package. I wound up with a zip file which doesn't open like it should. There is something about running an android package on a Mac with an emulator but I think I'll pass on that. This all stems from my trying to I D a plant which I'm still

working on. I am taking a different route hoping someone will recognize the plant but I shall see.

jaybass
Posted By: joemikeb Re: apk file - 05/26/22 08:38 PM
IIRC this has been mentioned previously in these forums, but because you are trying to identify a flower, it is probably worth mentioning again. A search for "plant identification" found over 230 different plant identification apps on the iOS and iPadOS app stores including several that use photo recognition. (The only excuse I can come up with for all of the various wildlife identification apps being developed for iOS/iPadOS instead of macOS is an iPhone or iPad is a lot more convenient to take into the field than even a MacBook.) If you have an iPhone or iPad surely one or more of these could identify your flower.
Posted By: jaybass Re: apk file - 05/27/22 12:42 AM
Unfortunately I don't have iOS/iPad. Perhaps one day there will be an plant I D app for a MacOS

Thanks for your reply,

jaybass
Posted By: joemikeb Re: apk file - 05/27/22 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by jaybass
Unfortunately I don't have iOS/iPad. Perhaps one day there will be an plant I D app for a MacOS

...or you will upgrade to a Mac with Apple Silicon inside that will run some of those iPadOS apps. smile
© FineTunedMac