Home
Posted By: slolerner Wireless headphones search - 09/09/16 01:06 AM
So, I have a pair of Sennheiser PMX 80's and a pair of Sony MDR-A35's and want similar Bluetooth ones that work on Android. What is very specific about these is that they don't have earbuds but the speakers sit sideways into the ears so I can still hear what is going on around me and they have head or neckbands so I'm not struggling with wires.

I'm not coming up with any solutions...
Posted By: joemikeb Re: Wireless headphones search - 09/09/16 07:15 PM
Bluetooth is a standard and is not specific to a particular brand device. So any Bluetooth headphones that work for a Mac would work for Android and vice-versa. I understand your preference for phones that sit sideways by the ear (I have yet to find an earbud that doesn't drive me crazy) but Apples new AirPods might be worth a look — when they become available that is.
Posted By: slolerner Re: Wireless headphones search - 09/14/16 02:37 PM
For now, can you recommend a single ear Bluetooth devise, just for voice?
Posted By: Ira L Re: Wireless headphones search - 09/14/16 04:22 PM
Isn't that a phone Bluetooth headset? A zillion options there, but Plantronics is a good quality, reliable product.

Of course with a headset you also gain the ability to talk, but nothing prevents you from keeping quiet and just listening. In fact, most phones have a mute button which you could use as an extra measure of silence.
Posted By: slolerner Re: Wireless headphones search - 09/14/16 08:06 PM
Thanks. I could listen to the news instead of music for now and answering the phone and talking without having to dig the phone out would be good.
© FineTunedMac