Home
Posted By: plantsower Burning a disk - 04/29/11 11:03 PM
Hi:

I am trying to back up some info from my computer onto a CD. I loaded a blank CD and opened it. I dragged a folder off of my desktop onto it. When I clicked on the icon of that folder to make sure it worked, I got the whole finder menu. So, if I burn the disk, the whole finder will be on it. I only want that one folder.

Maybe it's because when I loaded the disk, the popup gave me a choice of actions: 1. Open finder: 2. Open iTunes: 3. Open Disk Utility; 4. Open another application; and 5. Run script.

I first chose Open Finder, but you see what that did. Then I ejected the disk, reinserted it, chose Open Disk Utility, which opened, but the blank disk icon never showed on the desktop, so I couldn't open it to drag my folder onto it.

I just upgraded Safari to 4.1.3. I don't remember having this trouble with my old Safari. It shouldn't be this difficult to put one folder onto a disk.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Rita

Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 04/29/11 11:20 PM
What does Safari have to do with this, Rita?
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 04/29/11 11:34 PM
Hi Artie:

I assumed Safari was responsible for the popup for the actions to be taken. No?

That's not what happened before when I burned a disk, albeit only once. I can't remember everything about how to do it. I think I went through disk utility but when I do that, the disk icon doesn't come up. I am at a standstill because of that stupid popup. I thought I could just load the disk, click on the disk icon and go from there. Grrrrrrr....

Rita
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 04/29/11 11:40 PM
I don't think Safari is involved, Rita.

As I recall, something in the burn procedure changed in Tiger, and I never ran it, so I'm not familiar with it.

Have you tried looking in "Help," search term "burn CD" or maybe "burn data CD?"

(I assume you're trying to burn in Finder and not with a 3rd party utility.)
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 04/30/11 01:34 AM
I did look in Finder Help and I did follow the directions. But again, it copied the whole finder not just that one folder. I may have to be happy with that because I definitely need a backup to the folder I chose.

Yes, I did it through the finder because I felt I had no other choice because of the popup window. One of the choices in the popup window was "ignore". When I ignored it, it went away but my disk never showed on the desktop either.

I guess I'll muddle through this. Below is a copy of the finder directions. They don't work for single folders apparently.

Burning a CD or DVD
The Finder can burn files to a CD or DVD. You can then use that disc as a backup, send it to friends, or copy those files to another machine. Mac OS X burns discs that can also be used on Windows computers and other types of computers. Thie disc uses a HFS Plus/ISO 9660 hybrid format with these file systems: HFS+, ISO-9660 with Rock Ridge, and Joliet with Rock Ridge.

If your computer has a Combo drive, you can burn files onto CDs. If your computer has a SuperDrive, you can burn files on CDs and DVDs.

After you drag items to the disc, the Finder places aliases to them in the disc's window. When you burn the disc, the original files that the aliases point to are burned to the disc. In addition, if any folder in the burn folder contains aliases, the original files for those aliases are burned to the disc as well.

Insert a blank disc into the optical drive of your computer.
If you see a dialog, you can choose an action from the pop-up menu and select "Make this action the default" if you want the same thing to happen every time you insert a blank disc.

The disc appears on your desktop.

Double-click the disc to open it, and drag the files and folders you want on it to its window.
The Finder places aliases to the files in the disc's window. The original files are not moved or deleted.

Arrange and rename the files exactly as you want them.
When burning the disc, the Finder gives the items on the disc the same names and locations as the aliases in the disc window. After the disc is burned, you cannot change them.

Choose File > Burn Disc, and follow the instructions.
The files that the aliases point to are burned to the disc. In addition, if any folder you copied contains aliases, the original files for those aliases are burned to the disc as well.

If the Finder cannot find the original file for an alias, it asks whether to cancel burning or to continue without that item. If you cancel, the disc remains empty.

If you eject the disk without burning it, the Finder creates a burn folder with the items you copied to the disc, and places that folder on your desktop.

To burn a disc that appears in the sidebar, click the burn icon that appears next to it. You can also hold down the Control key as you click any disc and choose Burn Disc from the shortcut menu.

You can also burn discs using applications such as Disk Utility, iTunes, iPhoto, or iDVD.

If you frequently burn the same items to disc, create a burn folder by choosing File > New Burn Folder, and copy those items to it. Then, to create a disc with those items, just open the burn folder and click Burn.

If you want to burn items to a disk in more than one session until the disc is full, use Disk Utility. This is called multisession burning. For more information, open Disk Utility (in /Applications/Utilities), choose Help > Disk Utility Help, and search.

Thanks, Artie.

Rita
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 04/30/11 01:48 AM
Artie:

OK, I played around and pulled up my hard drive. I saw the disk on the left pane and figured some things out. I clicked burn and found out my folder had too much stuff on it. It didn't look like that much, but it said it was 33 gigs. My CD only holds 700 mb!!!!! There must be CDs that hold more now. I need to upgrade I think!!!

Thanks again. If I get the right CD, I think I can do this.

Rita
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 04/30/11 03:48 AM
I just looked under "Get Info" and the folder I want to burn to disk is only 1.15 gb. It's still too much for my poor little 700mb disk but it's not 33gb. I give up.
I'll just print the info in the folder for Pete's sake. mad

Thanks again for your input.

Rita
Posted By: Hal Itosis Re: Burning a disk - 04/30/11 04:40 AM
Originally Posted By: plantsower
I just looked under "Get Info" and the folder I want to burn to disk is only 1.15 gb. It's still too much for my poor little 700mb disk but it's not 33gb. I give up.
I'll just print the info in the folder for Pete's sake. mad

Thanks again for your input.

Rita

Sounds like a blank DVD should work then.
(they are something like 4.8 gigs, roughly)
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 04/30/11 05:10 AM
Oh, I didn't know I could use a DVD. I thought it had to be a CD-RW. Good to know.

Thank you. smile

Rita
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 04/30/11 06:05 AM
Oh, I didn't know I could use a DVD. I thought it had to be a CD-RW. Good to know.

Thank you. smile

Rita

You can use a DVD only if you've got a "Combo" or "Super-Drive."

A regular optical drive can only burn CDs.

I believe that all G4s came with Combo-Drives, but check in /Apps/Utils/System Profiler to be sure that you're OK to go.
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 04/30/11 04:10 PM
Hi Artie:

You're right, I have a combo drive. Thanks for the path leading to the system profiler. It always helps to have the path just in case. I will go out and buy some blank DVDs as soon as I get a chance and try again.

You guys always come through. Thanks so much.

Rita
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 04/30/11 08:13 PM
You're welcome, Rita, and don't forget to give us a holler if you run into any more issues when you get your DVDs.
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 04/30/11 11:49 PM
Will do!! cool
Posted By: bob82xrp Re: Burning a disk - 05/01/11 06:37 PM
Rita;

Artie is incorrect about a combo drive. A combo drive can only read DVDs, it cannot write to them. It can, however, both read and write CDs. If you have a combo drive, you will need to divide up your 1.15 GB of data into amounts that will fit on a CD and burn several.

You can check to confirm your optical drive's burning capabilities in the System Profiler. Click on the Apple menu (upper left of your menu bar) and choose "About this Mac". In the resulting box, click on the "More Info" button. Then look under the Hardware listings. There should be a line in the left column that says either "Disc Burning" or "Optical Drive" which, when clicked on, will show the details of the drive, including its write capabilities, in the right hand panel.

When you put a blank CD in your drive and get the popup menu, you should choose "Open in Finder". Then double click on the disc's icon to open an empty finder window for it and drag up to 700 MB of your data to the window. You should be able to then follow the instructions which you posted from the Help menu to burn the disc.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/01/11 07:00 PM
> Artie is incorrect about a combo drive. A combo drive can only read DVDs, it cannot write to them. It can, however, both read and write CDs. If you have a combo drive, you will need to divide up your 1.15 GB of data into amounts that will fit on a CD and burn several.

Wow! It's been a long time, and you're correct. blush

Edit: Thanks for picking up on that; I hope Rita hasn't run out and bought anything she can't return.

Sorry for the bad info, Rita. crazy frown
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/01/11 09:29 PM
Hi:

I did what you said and this is what I found. Does this mean I CAN write to the DVD? See below. Rita

DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RW
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/01/11 09:31 PM
Hi Artie:

Don't worry, I never run right out to get anything. I live in the boonies and have to have several reasons to go to where shopping is before I leave to get anything. grin

Rita
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/01/11 09:58 PM
I did what you said and this is what I found. Does this mean I CAN write to the DVD? See below. Rita

Now I'm totally confused; a Combo can't burn DVDs (I just fired up my iBook G4 to check.), which your drive apparently can do, and a Super can burn dual-layer DVDs, which your drive apparently can't do.

Somebody?

Pleeeze!
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/01/11 10:26 PM
Here's the whole thing from my system profiler regarding burning disks. I would like to know for sure if I can write to a DVD, too. Thanks. Rita

MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-845E:

Firmware Revision: DMP2
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipped/Supported)
Cache: 2048 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes
Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, DVD-DAO
Media: No
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/01/11 10:38 PM
Wow!!!

I just came to FTM to ask you to post the entire contents of you System Profiler page... And there it was. cool

I'm going to hold off answering your question, though, because I just ain't sure. confused
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/01/11 10:44 PM
I'm beginning to think you've got a Super, but maybe an early one without dual-layer capability?

Somebody?
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/01/11 10:51 PM
Is there a way to check? Someplace to look on my computer?
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/01/11 10:52 PM
Artie:

You're still my go-to guy. You know tons more than I do! smile Rita
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/01/11 11:19 PM
Is there a way to check? Someplace to look on my computer?

I don't think so, Rita, but if you show me System Profiler's "Hardware Overview" page I may be able to figure something out.

Do you remember precisely when you bought your iBook (if you bought it new).
Posted By: dkmarsh Re: Burning a disk - 05/01/11 11:42 PM
Originally Posted By: artie505
Somebody?

One could always google MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-845E.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 12:19 AM
Originally Posted By: dkmarsh
Somebody?

One could always google MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-845E.

What a novel idea! tongue

Thanks for reminding me. smile Google slips in and out of my consciousness like it's stuck in some sort of revolving door. crazy

From what Rita's posted, and from what a coupl'a Google searches have turned up (none of which I found to be explicit on the mark), she apparently can burn DVDs, so the question boils down to were there early SuperDrives that could burn single-layer DVDs, but not dual-layer DVDs?
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 01:41 AM
Artie:

I bought my iBook in February 2006, brand new.

I took a snapshot of my hardware list but I can't find how to attach it to this file. Where is the button?
Posted By: alternaut Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 01:45 AM
...the question boils down to were there early SuperDrives that could burn single-layer DVDs, but not dual-layer DVDs?

The capabilities of DVD burning mechanisms only gradually developed, as did their availability in Macs (see e.g., Mactracker). The original G4 iBook only had a Combo drive; no DVD burning. The next two models added a Super drive option (-R/W burning only), while the final model (Rita's) added the option to burn to +R/W blanks.

The double layer burning capability was never available in G4 iBook models, but was only added in the second MacBook (Intel) model. Despite these differences, all (CD/)DVD burning mechanisms were called 'Super'drive by Apple.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 02:02 AM
Artie:

I took a snapshot of my hardware list but I can't find how to attach it to this file. Where is the button?

Knowing when you bought your new iBook I know exactly which one it probably is, and that turns out to be less than helpful.

Can you lay your hands on your original purchase invoice?

Despite lack of confirmation of the characterization of your drive, though, all indications are that you can burn DVDs. (I've got to believe that System Profiler is more knowledgeable than I am.)

(You can't attach a screenshot to an FTM post; you have to use copy and paste, just like you did for the optical drive info, or upload your shot to a free hosting service.)
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 02:09 AM
Originally Posted By: alternaut
...the question boils down to were there early SuperDrives that could burn single-layer DVDs, but not dual-layer DVDs?

The capabilities of DVD burning mechanisms only gradually developed, as did their availability in Macs (see e.g., Mactracker). The original G4 iBook only had a Combo drive; no DVD burning. The next two models added a Super drive option (-R/W burning only), while the final model (Rita's) added the option to burn to +R/W blanks.

The double sided burning capability was never available in G4 iBook models, but was only added in the second MacBook (Intel) model. Despite these differences, all (CD/)DVD burning mechanisms were called 'Super'drive by Apple.

Thanks.

I couldn't interpret what Mactracker showed me, perhaps because of lack of full understanding of the nomenclature.

So Rita has got an"early" SuperDrive, as I guessed.

Case closed.
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 04:12 AM
I have my original purchase invoice. What do you need to know from it?

I can't copy and paste my hardware list. I tried. I can copy and paste the info about each one individually after I click on it, but the general list won't let me copy and paste if that makes sense.

But you said case closed, so I guess I can burn my info on a DVD. Yippee!!

Rita

Artie:

Knowing when you bought your new iBook I know exactly which one it probably is, and that turns out to be less than helpful.

Can you lay your hands on your original purchase invoice?

Despite lack of confirmation of the characterization of your drive, though, all indications are that you can burn DVDs. (I've got to believe that System Profiler is more knowledgeable than I am.)

(You can't attach a screenshot to an FTM post; you have to use copy and paste, just like you did for the optical drive info, or upload your shot to a free hosting service.)
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 04:45 AM
> I have my original purchase invoice. What do you need to know from it?

Just give it a good once-over. A SuperDrive is an option, and your invoice ought to show it on a separate line.

> I can't copy and paste my hardware list. I tried. I can copy and paste the info about each one individually after I click on it, but the general list won't let me copy and paste if that makes sense.

Hmmm... I'm in Snow Leopard, and I can copy and paste my Hardware Overview; I guess something changed.
Posted By: bob82xrp Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 06:13 AM
Rita;

Yes, you have what Apple calls a "Super Drive" and can write to single layer DVDs. Artie is correct in surmising that the early Super Drives were single layer only. Dual layer capability came later. Looking at Mactracker the mid 2005 iBook G4s came with a Super Drive that had the write capabilities you posted. It appears that no iBook G4s came with dual layer DVD write capabilities.

I have had good luck with Verbatim DVDs; they may cost a little more, but I get almost no burn failures with them, as opposed to other brands, like Memorex, with which I've had up to a 60% failure rate when I've gotten a bad spindle of them. Others have posted similar testimonies.

Edited to add: Whoops! I guess I didn't notice that there were two pages of replies and the info I supplied was already posted.
Posted By: dkmarsh Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 09:51 AM

Quote:
A SuperDrive is an option, and your invoice ought to show it on a separate line.

A SuperDrive may have been an option on a 12-inch iBook, but it was standard on the last 14-inch model. See iBook G4 (Mid 2005) - Technical Specifications.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 10:29 AM
Originally Posted By: dkmarsh

Quote:
A SuperDrive is an option, and your invoice ought to show it on a separate line.

A SuperDrive may have been an option on a 12-inch iBook, but it was standard on the last 14-inch model. See iBook G4 (Mid 2005) - Technical Specifications.

Thanks for clarifying Mactracker's

Quote:
Media: Slot-loading DVD/CD-RW Combo or DVD±RW/CD-RW SuperDrive
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 04:12 PM
Bob: Thanks for the info. I don't know the difference between single and dual layer, let alone a spindle!! Will the packaging say single layer? What should I look for when I buy my DVDs?

Thanks so much.

Rita
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 07:26 PM
Dual-layer DVDs will be clearly marked as such, Rita; single-layer ones will (probably) just say DVD. (D-l DVDs hold double the info that S-l's hold...8.xGb v 4.xGb.)

A spindle is a package of 25, 50...you get it.

Brands to avoid, as per posts here and at MFIF, are Memorex, Imation, and Maxell, but since I expect that you're not going to buy quantity you won't have much of an option. (Preferred brands are Verbatim, Plus, ATT, and Taiyo Yuden.)
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 09:25 PM
OK, Artie. Now I know what to do. Thanks so much.

Rita
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 10:12 PM

Rita

Don't forget that the DVDs must be compatible with your optical drive, i.e. DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RWs will all be OK.
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 10:47 PM
Got it!!! Hope I can find just one or two. I looked online and it's a bunch of spindles.

Rita

Rita

Don't forget that the DVDs must be compatible with your optical drive, i.e. DVD-Write: -R, -RW, +R, +RWs will all be OK.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/02/11 11:38 PM
> Hope I can find just one or two. I looked online and it's a bunch of spindles.

You can find 3-packs, even singles, on line, but when you factor in the shipping they become ridiculously expensive. (Check out Amazon or SuperMediaStore.com [from whom I've bought].)

I don't know about where you are, but in NYC we have convenience type stores that buy spindles and sell singles for not necessarily reasonable, but also not-unreasonable prices.

From the little research I've done, I've reached the conclusion that any one of the four formats, i.e. -R, -RW, +R, +RW, is OK.
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/03/11 01:15 AM
I'll check out the link. Thanks. Like I said, I live in the boonies. Nothing like New York City!! smile

Rita
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/03/11 01:52 AM
I'll check out the link. Thanks. Like I said, I live in the boonies. Nothing like New York City!! smile

Rita

But even a place like a creative 7-11 might do it.
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/03/11 03:25 AM
The closest 7-Eleven is 45 miles away. But, hey, if I don't find one elsewhere, I can take a look when I go to town.

Thanks, Artie.

Rita
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/12/11 09:38 PM
OK, so I bought a single, Verbatim 4.7gb dvd off of eBay for 16 cents. It came today and worked perfectly. Just thought i'd add closure. LOL! Rita
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/12/11 10:06 PM
OK, so I bought a single, Verbatim 4.7gb dvd off of eBay for 16 cents. It came today and worked perfectly. Just thought i'd add closure. LOL! Rita

cool

But I've got to be curious about a Verbatim DVD that sells for 16¢ (some have even gone for 1¢) and ships from China for free.

Have you got any idea how much the postage on your package came to?
Posted By: alternaut Re: Burning a disk - 05/12/11 11:05 PM
But I've got to be curious about a Verbatim DVD that sells for 16¢ (some have even gone for 1¢) and ships from China for free.

16ç per disk amounts to $16 for 100, a very decent price for Verbatim. Now I'm curious where you got that same 100 for $1? cool
And while we're on the topic of curiosity, where did Rita say that her single disk shipped for free from China? confused
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/13/11 12:20 AM

16ç per disk amounts to $16 for 100, a very decent price for Verbatim. Now I'm curious where you got that same 100 for $1? cool
And while we're on the topic of curiosity, where did Rita say that her single disk shipped for free from China? confused

Verbatim 4.7gb dvd | eBay (Completed listings) shows that two vendors in China have recently sold identically described, but different looking, Verbatim DVDs for as little as 1¢ for a single disc; all discs sold by both vendors, including those that sold for 16¢, Rita's presumably being one of them, shipped free.

My searching disclosed that bidding on all singles, regardless of their knockdown price, began at 1¢ (Edit: including shipping)...kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Note that when you get to the higher (Edit: sales) priced singles, a Hong Kong vendor turns up...presumably why hir discs go for more?
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/13/11 02:52 AM
I can no longer find any Vebatim DVDs for sale eBay for less than 99¢, and Completed listings no longer shows sales by the two vendors from China; only the Hong Kong vendor's sales remain (despite the fact that my original link still displays the same items as when I posted it).

Got me beat! confused
Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/13/11 03:25 AM
Hi Artie:

Below is my receipt (sort of). There was no postage amount on the package, just said Air Mail. I got it for 16 cents as opposed to 1 cent because there was another bid. From what I've heard (from Donald Trump) China manipulates their currency big time. That's why they can sell so cheaply.

Rita

1 blank verbatim DVD - R Disk Disc 16X 4.7GB 120min (250812489367)
huhaoqiang1976 ( 128) 100.0% - Seller
Your max bid: $0.99
Sale date: 05/03/11
Tracking number: LK046257453CN
Estimated Delivery: 05/11/11 - 05/18/11
$0.16
Free
shipping

Posted By: plantsower Re: Burning a disk - 05/13/11 04:33 AM
Artie:

Found this one from Texas. It's 99 cents or best offer. It's weird about China, though.

Rita

http://cgi.ebay.com/Verbatim-DVD-R-blank...2a#ht_500wt_951
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/13/11 07:38 AM
> From what I've heard (from Donald Trump) China manipulates their currency big time. That's why they can sell so cheaply.

Hi, Rita,

According to my understanding, that's correct.

1¢ is not only an astonishingly low price, though, it underscores the unfair competition issue.

If you were into doing all the clicking, you could actually have bought a 100 DVD "spindle" for $1.

I wonder if that has anything to do with their having disappeared (as far as I can tell) from eBay?

Edit: Hmmm... I just Googled and found that Verbatims are made in Taiwan, India, and Singapore, but not in China; I wonder how that changes the equation?

Any economics mavens out there?
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/13/11 08:24 AM
Interesting to note that the photos posted by the Hong Kong vendor and one of the mainland vendors are identical.
Posted By: alternaut Re: Burning a disk - 05/13/11 12:18 PM
I just Googled and found that Verbatims are made in Taiwan, India, and Singapore, but not in China; I wonder how that changes the equation?

There are a few comments to make with your question. First, although I have no way of verifying this, the cheap Verbatim disks may have been fake or stolen. Second, there have been some user complaints about Verbatim disks made outside of Taiwan, specifically India. Again, I have no personal experience with this, or another way of substantiating such claims. But if any (and particularly the former) of these possibilities are even partially true, that could be a basis for excessively cheap offers. I consider that more likely than an explanation rooted in Chinese currency policies, as this wouldn't account for the price difference seen.
Posted By: artie505 Re: Burning a disk - 05/13/11 12:34 PM
I just Googled and found that Verbatims are made in Taiwan, India, and Singapore, but not in China; I wonder how that changes the equation?

There are a few comments to make with your question. First, although I have no way of verifying this, the cheap Verbatim disks may have been fake or stolen. Second, there have been some user complaints about Verbatim disks made outside of Taiwan, specifically India. Again, I have no personal experience with this, or another way of substantiating such claims. But if any (and particularly the former) of these possibilities are even partially true, that could be a basis for excessively cheap offers. I consider that more likely than an explanation rooted in Chinese currency policies, as this wouldn't account for the price difference seen.

You've echoed, literally, my own speculation with exception of the "stolen" option never having occurred to me.

Something just plain doesn't make sense. confused
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: Burning a disk - 05/13/11 11:17 PM
I've always had good luck with Verbatim media, since my 4x burner. I hear Bonus and AT&T are relabels of the same manufacture also, which are usually cheaper.

I also prefer the inkjet-printable discs because they have a much tougher top layer, and are easy to write on, with very high visibility. (I don't use them to print onto)
© FineTunedMac