Home
Posted By: jepinto iphone error message - 03/22/10 12:27 PM
"This accessory is not made to work with the Iphone"

I dropped the iphone from a height of 3 feet, picked it up, powered on, no problem

then someone gave me a cover that looked like it would work-covered the camera and earjack, couldn't charge with the case on

and I bought a Plantronics Explorer 230 bluetooth headset works great, sound quality is very good

day after I dropped it, put the case on. The next day the message started coming up. Charged and paired the headset the one to two days later.

Popped the sim card out, put back in, no change.

IPhone works except every time it powers up the message appears.
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: iphone error message - 03/22/10 08:27 PM
something inside is damaged. one of the components. could be the camera, the speaker, anything hardware.

you could probably figure out what's not working anymore but whatever it is, it's broken wink
Posted By: Ira L Re: iphone error message - 03/22/10 08:34 PM
Along the lines of the above comment, check to see if the area around the headset jack or the dock port is bent or dinged. The iPhone thinks something is plugged in, so you might be getting a false signal because of damage in those areas.
Posted By: joemikeb Re: iphone error message - 03/22/10 10:29 PM
As others have indicated your problem is most likely physical damage but just to be sure, if you have not reset your iPhone to factory specs give that a try.
Posted By: Virtual1 Re: iphone error message - 03/23/10 05:09 PM
More specifically, the error message is saying something is posting on one of the system buses (ATA/sata/etc) and is sending a device ID that the iphone cannot find the drivers to support. with closed hardware like this, that shouldn't ever happen. it would happen for example if you plugged it into a dock that was not normal. but the camera, digitizer, etc are devices like that. Whatever device is generating this error won't be working. So whatever isn't working on the phone is related to the message. Possibly the bit of hardware is bugged and sending garbage for an id. Could also mean the iphone software is corrupted. (restore it)

Posted By: jepinto Re: iphone error message - 03/28/10 11:55 AM
Restore did not dismiss the error message.

Now to find the earphone as to check whether something dinged the jack.
© FineTunedMac